Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Radu97

The metaverse

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys! What do you guys think of Facebook changing it's name to Meta and it's involvement in creating the Metaverse. I see a lot of hype with this but also a lot of financial involvement as well. I invest in crypto and Decentraland is a coin (MANA) which has skyrocketed since Zuck made the announcement about the Metaverse. I for one don't really like the idea of it maybe because I am afraid and don't really understand it yet. (You fear what you don't understand).

What do you guys think of it and I would also like to hear Leo's perspective as well regarding the future of society with this in my opinion radical idea. (as I said I find it radical and threatening because I am a bit afraid of the idea because I don't really understand it). But also I don't really find it practical at all in the short-medium term. From my experience from travelling the world from 1st to 3rd world countries I highly doubt 2nd and 3rd world countries will adopt this technology any time soon (20 years at least).

Here is a link with as well. 

Metaverse Link Reaction

Thanks all!

I think the augmented reality part is positive, the virtual worlds part could be negative. Lots of people get addicted to vrchat and don't take care of their health, irl relationships, and other irl responsbilities.

Augmented reality with ar glasses is good cuz it compliments your real life activities. You don't have to sit in an office anymore, you can just chill outside and have multiple virtual screens up with a keyboard in your lap and do your work wherever. You can share data more precisely/quicker with other peeps who have the augmented glasses. 

Paradoxically I wonder if all this tech might not speed up awakening even more. With online avatars and such, even normies might have moments where there's a sense of detachment from who they thought they were, and some deeper recognition might arise spontaneously. 

2 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Interesting. That can very well happen.

I do like the idea of augmented reality, just not comming from Facebook. I'll stay away from anything related to that company.

I hear you, the group feature on Facebook is valuable for business though, so it also has it's positives for sure.