BipolarGrowth

Is there an end to infinity? What can we really know for certain about Truth?

3 posts in this topic

Is saying that infinity cannot have an end not limiting it even if it is essentially the definition? 

Even saying infinity is undefinable is a definition which restrains it. 

If everything in experience is equally God, how can God be detected as something to even be loosely defined in the first place? Are some things more God than others? 

Can God cease to exist? Why not? It was never born and hasn’t stopped yet = it can never stop? … maybe. Are you honestly accessing enough direct experience to speak with solid ground that you know whether the apparently limitless is truly limitless? 

How many times in your life has your deepest understanding been replaced? Could your current understanding not be another step which is mostly incomplete and false yet seems like the golden prize? 

Subjective experience appears to be occurring.  Beyond that, to say that anything else is not fair game seems like an assumption no matter how solid the evidence, reasoning, past direct experience, future projections, or anything else you can pull on. It’s like you’re on a raft of shifting sand, and you’re trying to stand on it to get through a tsunami. 

If we take away a Buddha’s serotonin to just enough for him/her to barely live, are they still a Buddha? Are they still “awake?” 

If we use the scale of evolution from single-celled organisms to human beings, are we closer to single-celled organisms or chimpanzees when it comes to approaching actual Infinity, God, etc? Or are there some humans who are right on the money? 

Many of us here, myself included, seem to get great progress toward Truth through chemical means (typically psychedelics on the extreme end of the spectrum). Even meditation runs in many ways off of neurochemical shifts. Water fasts are doing similar things. Would humans with 100 fold processing power on a chemical level beyond the best of what humanity can reach now come to the same conclusions about God, Infinity, Absolute Love, etc? Would humans with live and complete access to all human collective knowledge come to the same conclusion? Would humans with maximum mastery of all spiritual faculties at once come to the same conclusions? Would a subjective present moment experience with all of these at once come to the same conclusions? Now imagine something way beyond that. Do we really know much? Do we know if the human body can even survive actually accessing the deepest levels of Truth? 

I feel like at best we’re like the philosophers who theorized an atom way before there was evidence for them when the Truth is much closer to Inter-dimensional cable from Rick and Morty being played beneath the emptiness underneath the heart of all strings (referring to string theory). 

If I see a man armed only with a sword attack a group of machine guns, I shall consider his act to be absurd. But it is so solely by virtue of the disproportion between his intention and the reality he will encounter, of the contradiction I notice between his true strength and the aim he has in view. Likewise we shall deem a verdict absurd when we contrast it with the verdict the facts apparently dictated. And, similarly, a demonstration by the absurd is achieved by comparing the consequences of such a reasoning with the logical reality one wants to set up. In all these cases, from the simplest to the most complex, the magnitude of the absurdity will be in direct ratio to the distance between the two terms of my comparison. There are absurd marriages, challenges, rancors, silences, wars, and even peace treaties. For each of them the absurdity springs from a comparison. I am thus justified in saying that the feeling of absurdity does not spring from the mere scrutiny of a fact or an impression, but that it bursts from the comparison between a bare fact and a certain reality, between an action and the world that transcends it.” -Albert Camus

Great quick video on absurdity and Camus. It’s starts sounding nihilistic but ends with a resolution. 

There seems to be a certain absurdity inherent to the entire journey toward Truth. The further along I go, the more of what I actually know moves to feeling like 10% to be 1%, .1%, .01%, etc. until I’m basically sitting on Socrates’ lap when he first said “I know that I know nothing.” 

If anything I’ve definitely learned a lot of great techniques to align with the human mind’s feeling as if it is moving toward Truth. Beyond learning or knowing, it has certainly developed me in some helpful ways in relative life. It’s made my experience of life feel to be much better and greatly reduced my suffering. The Absolute Truth hot dog dangling on a stick connected to your forehead which constantly is in front of your eyes does seem to do that pretty reliably if you do it long enough. It also seems to make the world a better place in a relative sense for the most part when done well, so by all means don’t stop doing it if it’s your thing. It’s definitely my thing or at least a part of my thing. 

As great as the feeling of finding Absolute Truth is, it is the journey toward Truth itself which matters most. Even if we only go from a delusional starting point to a delusional ending point, at least you can say you really tried and hopefully found meaning and happiness in pursuing Truth. 

(Video for the Inter-dimensional cable reference. Part of the reason for this reference is to point to the possible absurdity which might be at play when trying to approach the Truth in its fullness)  — The way I see it is that this running underneath all phenomena is a drop in the ocean compared to the level of odd possibilities which could actually be occurring. I’ve had quite a few run ins with such oddities. 

Don’t take this as me asserting anything necessarily. That’s really not the point. I don’t know a damn thing lol. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@softlyblossoming Rob, dude, be way more practical about your life. I understand you want to change your inner perception, but that’s not the solution here. Focus on increasing your value, so women will like you more! Your hurt stems from a knowing you could be thriving. 

Focus on detoxification, cellular regeneration, mental health, foundational habits, exercising, therapy, style and new clothing, expression, social circle, gaining real life experience at the bars with wingmen or solo, etc. 

Your view on the tinder situation is “spiritual bypassing”. Aka, you’re looking to have a cushy life, not face your weaknesses, doing the emotional laborious and difficult real-world work, in the name of spirituality. Spirituality alone will NOT give you desirable and amazing results with women, not even close. No spiritual master or person with their dream life has ever attained it by trying to suppress normal life activities with spirituality, because spirituality comes easier to them. 

I have been there. Life is scary, but spirituality is comforting. However, you suffer more the longer you put off the necessary fundamental things you need to do to increase your radiance and value as a man. 

Read: “The way of the superior man” and seriously research hoping on a fruit/vegetable detox to help with your mental/physical health. You’ll be glowing so heavy, that women will find you irresistible. This has been happening to me after I detoxed for two months. Women notice when you’re healthy and thriving. Your genes and everything must be desirable for reproduction, so if you have any physical or mental difficulties, they can smell that shit from a mile away and will have low desire to have sex, due to possibility of passing on poor genes, biologically and subconsciously!:) 

Love you, man. Keep up the great effort, perseverance, and dedication you have to growing yourself. That’s a high value trait?

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

24 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@BipolarGrowth This Albert guy is kinda cute.

My tinder's dead as fuck.

How do I transcend my love addiction so that it doesn't bother me anymore when someone isn't in love with me?

Noticing that they don't exist until I see their reply doesn't work, and it never did. But it was a pointer in the direction of becoming more conscious of the contents present in my current direct experience by promoting an attitude that privileges truth above happiness, and these both seem to result in faster progress on the contemplative path.

The willingness to face ones reality fully and embrace the darkness inside of my mind, not dark for its immorality, but for my ignorance of its extent. My eventual need be motivated not by more than a kernel of curiosity, nor more than the bare minimum dopamine levels necessary to act on the urge to look inwards and around instead of out and away. And perhaps this is less corrupt than expecting I'm getting something out of it, even though I immediately am. Plus, with so many shadowy corners to stick my Light of Pure Knowing in, how could I feel bored or alone?

Anyway, seems to be the best strategy I've found for dealing with my love addiction. Reframes often just make me want to roll my eyes, but that could be the underabundance of serotonin. Braincells are probably required to wake up, I don't know how required they are to stay awake. Can an Arahant suffer if they have severe amnesia?

I don't do fake love but I'll take some from you tonight
I know I've got to go but I might just miss the flight
I can't stay forever, let's play pretend
And treat this night like it'll happen again
You'll be my bloody valentine tonight

I'm overstimulated and I'm sad
I don't expect you to understand
It's nothing less than true romance
Or am I just making a mess

—Machine Gun Kelly, Bloody Valentine

If you know how to read (get value from) a source, spiritual advice is everywhere. The song those lyrics came from sounds to me like how getting attached to a new consciousness PR in between confusing and depressing dark nights feel. Like Camus said, it's only absurd within a more wholistic context. I could call you a mental masturbator, or I could consider that I don't know quite as much about Myself as I assume, and maybe I'll be happier and wiser for it. 

Nice Self bro, investigate it. —a guy who ruined everything he touched, yet couldn't help his need for intimacy. 

Dope thread, brah.

I’d say to try to use mindfulness and vipassana when you run into the rejection. Not only is it ripe territory to develop spiritual practice, it will make you less reactive overall while you’re still capable of feeling the emotions fully. You can think fully and use the emotional guidance rather than being in “emotional overload” reactivity. Be careful of calling romantic love an addiction. An addiction has to be a net negative impact on your life for it to be an addiction, according to the definitions I’ve seen at least which I think have merit to them. Keep putting yourself out there in a romantic sense. It’s probably best to explore this avenue if you’re being pulled back to it continuously. If it ends up feeling like a dead end, give it a break for a while and come back later when it feels like a better time. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead.