Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CameronsExploring

Anxiety keeping me from sleeping well

3 posts in this topic

Hello, so ive been suffering from mild anxiety at night which usually starts very early in the morning. Around 2 to 4am, and usually i am woken up by it right before sunrise or i have to get up to pee at that time.

Its really been frustrating me because I loose a lot of sleep from it and I value my sleep a lot.

I usually have fearful thoughts about my next day while laying in bed and thoughts about not being able to fall asleep. Im in school so thinking about my social life and school work keeps me up. I also started dating this girl, and I feel that thoughts about this keep me up too. Im trying to relax and let go of these thoughts as I realize it doesnt help to continue them, but i usually get caught up in them anyways. Ive also talked to my dad about this and both him and my grandfather have this same anxiety issue at night.

I wrote down my fears when not being able to fall back asleep, this is what they are generally like:

-I wont be able to sleep again before sunrise

-Im not going to be able to be myself without good sleep and i wont be able to enjoy my day

-Too many stressful thoughts

-Im resentful of this situation now

-The rest is me stressing out about my day ahead and my mind keeping me awake

How do I release these fears at night, so that i can get some good rest?

Any tips or advice? Thanks

I have had that problem. It started one day, after a time of stress and I was 6 months sleeping 4 hours a day, I fell asleep, I woke up at 4 hours and nothing to do, the only thing that worked for me is diazepam as soon as I woke up but that's a very bad idea , I do not recommend it, Maybe to do once or twice to break the tendency, but careful, it's addictive. The first time I got over it by going on a trip alone 1 month without a fixed destination. after 4 days it disappeared completely. The thing bis to break the tendency. Now what works for me is meditation. I meditate every day for 1, 2 or 3 hours. When I wake up in the night, which usually happens, I know how to quiet my mind about anxious thoughts about the next day or anything and in fell asleep in a moment. although sometimes it still happens to me, if i have a trip early next day for example. it is a problem that greatly affects your quality of life. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

me i bask in the dark and mull on the good:

how damn lucky am i to

be safe

be warm

be cozy

be lying on a nice springy mattress

be covered in soft comfy bedding

have a body that work seamlessly and miraculously as i lay here

have breath in my lungs that chugs along peacefully and rhythmically 

have to be nowhere this very moment except savoring this perfection

have awoken soundly and not died like many did this very night