Michiryoku

Attack on Titan: Has Eren become a stage red Devil in the final season?

36 posts in this topic

Stage blue is very prevelant in Attack on Titan. However in the final season Eren seems to be growing into stage red. How is this possible? Isn't it imposible to regress? Did power corrupt him? Not only is he growing into stage red but he is also acting more and more evil, esspecialy in stage red.

(his attack on Liberio in which he accepts massive civilian losses)

(wanting to be the leader without anyone over him)

(his plans to euthenize all of Paradis putting himself over other people)

Meanwhile people following him also regress into stage red / stage blue depending on why

(calling him a god) -> (he would be a brutal god coinciding with stage red)

I'm very interested to hear your oppinions on this, maybe i missed something.

Edited by Michiryoku

Alright first of all, read the manga to finish the series. Or wait for the anime to finish. You don't know the full extent yet

It gets amazing if you read more, however the ending of the manga is absolutely trash. There's absolutely no tying up or unification of the themes, no story or morale, and the characters are badly written at the end

But so far in anime, and a bit further in the manga, you'll find a very strong and interesting narrative about freedom. Untill the end of the manga absolutely flops

Drop all the spiral dynamics shit, AOT is above that. I would liken Eren Yeager as someone transforming into a Captain Ahab from moby dick, he'll do anything to escape the walls. Any means necessary. Quite literally  physical walls in this case lol. 

Look at my signature for Captain Ahab. The full quote goes on longer and is even better, explaining exactly the emotions and state of mind. "Truth hath no confines". It's quite devilish and hellish yeah. I wouldn't necessarily be jumping out of my seat to preach contempt and malice, but there's something about it and something about the overall story 

Forget about the spiral dynamics shit, this is about something infinitely more meaningful 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Nothing is above spiral dynamics. However it is just a modell. Through what modell can i understand eren?

21 minutes ago, Michiryoku said:

Nothing is above spiral dynamics. However it is just a modell. Through what modell can i understand eren? 

You're missing the point completely man

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Isn't the entire show stage red nonsense ahha

It is fun to watch I've seen clips 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

12 hours ago, lmfao said:

Alright first of all, read the manga to finish the series. Or wait for the anime to finish. You don't know the full extent yet

It gets amazing if you read more, however the ending of the manga is absolutely trash. There's absolutely no tying up or unification of the themes, no story or morale, and the characters are badly written at the end

But so far in anime, and a bit further in the manga, you'll find a very strong and interesting narrative about freedom. Untill the end of the manga absolutely flops

Drop all the spiral dynamics shit, AOT is above that. I would liken Eren Yeager as someone transforming into a Captain Ahab from moby dick, he'll do anything to escape the walls. Any means necessary. Quite literally  physical walls in this case lol. 

Look at my signature for Captain Ahab. The full quote goes on longer and is even better, explaining exactly the emotions and state of mind. "Truth hath no confines". It's quite devilish and hellish yeah. I wouldn't necessarily be jumping out of my seat to preach contempt and malice, but there's something about it and something about the overall story 

Forget about the spiral dynamics shit, this is about something infinitely more meaningful 

What do you mean with "AOT is above spiral dynamics" and why is spiral dynamics "shit"?

I dont understand old English which is why I dont understand what you quoted, making it imposible to answer in the right way. Can you summarize what you mean with the quote so I can answer appropriatly?

11 hours ago, lmfao said:

You're missing the point completely man

What is the point according to you? 

2 hours ago, Michiryoku said:

What is the point according to you? 

I've already hinted at it

15 hours ago, lmfao said:

But so far in anime, and a bit further in the manga, you'll find a very strong and interesting narrative about freedom

I would liken Eren Yeager as someone transforming into a Captain Ahab from moby dick, he'll do anything to escape the walls. Any means necessary. Quite literally  physical walls in this case lol. 

I insulted spiral dynamics, so you're weaponising confusion with all these questions and demands

Alright. So I heard of Captain Ahab, a character from Moby Dick, being mentioned by Jed McKenna first. An idea of Ahab is this. He's someone pursuing absolute truth with full determination, no matter the cost or journey. Because of it, he looks insane to people. In fact he is insane, but that's what it takes perhaps. 

Ahab will break all walls (walls =delusion=falsehood=slavery) no matter what it costs him. Eren is doing that as well. 
To ordinary people, Ahab looks completely insane. He just looks demented and maniacal for no sensical reason. 

Ahab and Eren are myths about freedom, truth and enlightenment. Just myths and stories you may or may not like 

Even if you were capable of understanding the point, you wouldn't grasp the extent of Eren untill you read more of the story beyond the anime

Edited by lmfao

23 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I insulted spiral dynamics, so you're weaponising confusion with all these questions and demands

Alright. So I heard of Captain Ahab, a character from Moby Dick, being mentioned by Jed McKenna first. An idea of Ahab is this. He's someone pursuing absolute truth with full determination, no matter the cost or journey. Because of it, he looks insane to people. In fact he is insane, but that's what it takes perhaps. 

Ahab will break all walls (walls =delusion=falsehood=slavery) no matter what it costs him. Eren is doing that as well. 
To ordinary people, Ahab looks completely insane. He just looks demented and maniacal for no sensical reason. 

Ahab and Eren are myths about freedom, truth and enlightenment. Just myths and stories you may or may not like 

Even if you were capable of understanding the point, you wouldn't grasp the extent of Eren untill you read more of the story beyond the anime

That is an interesting point and I support that on an emotional level.

25 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I consider this stage red passion and I have a sizable stage red in me and stage red is not all evil. 

@Michiryoku Yeah it's pretty dope. I'd still throw SD in the bin if it was me lmao. Can't stand that shit.

Also psycho pass and code geass are pretty good. Psycho Pass is very philosophical and talks about freedom in a very interesting way, there isn't a cyberpunk anime like it. 

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

@Michiryoku Yeah it's pretty dope. I'd still throw SD in the bin if it was me lmao. Can't stand that shit.

Also psycho pass and code geass are pretty good. Psycho Pass is very philosophical and talks about freedom in a very interesting way, there isn't a cyberpunk anime like it. 

I like those two animes alot, nothing comes close to Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul and Naruto though. Cant change my mind on this. Attack on titan by far though.

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

I also liked Gantz alot, you have the female character as your picture right? Realy enjoy the gore and moral lessness in it

Edited by Michiryoku

22 hours ago, Michiryoku said:

I like those two animes alot, nothing comes close to Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul and Naruto though. Cant change my mind on this. Attack on titan by far though.

>MHA

Literal fagg0try 

My pfp is akiyama from Liar Gama 

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

No way man, he is being strategic and he is NOT giving up on Armin, Mikasa, or Eldian :D. stage yellow.

Did you read the manga? If you did then I can't argue with what you've said just yet.