Someone here

There is literally nothing behind you

46 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

Nothing exists, or nothing and also an observer or measurer? 

I'd say even the observer doesn't exist until it's observed/ recognized. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Great thread.  As a visual learner, this is incredibly helpful.  And I’ve also realized and “seen” the nothingness behind my eyes and beyond the edges of perception.  I actually didn’t even “see” it, I *became* it briefly and I realized I was the whole entire show.

Unfortunately, the mind tried to grapple with this and by doing so I’m back to me me me me lol.

Please provide more good pointers like this thread for us visual learners.  

1 minute ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Great thread.  As a visual learner, this is incredibly helpful.  And I’ve also realized and “seen” the nothingness behind my eyes and beyond the edges of perception.  I actually didn’t even “see” it, I *became* it briefly and I realized I was the whole entire show.

Unfortunately, the mind tried to grapple with this and by doing so I’m back to me me me me lol.

Please provide more good pointers like this thread for us visual learners.  

I am not OP, but this one has worked pretty well for me (I like working with the visual senses as well). 

Try looking at your entire frame of visual data as a gigantic screen. Pretend that you cannot influence, control, or affect it in any way. It will show whatever it wants, and your only job is to chill and do absolutely nothing. There is no "wrong" or "better" state for it to display. Once you've gotten a handle on the hands-off approach, repeat that with your hearing. Then feeling. Then tasting, smelling, and finally thinking. If you get deep enough with this technique, you will soon find that "you" begin to fade, and all of your sensory systems fade with the selfhood, too. Then the bliss comes out. 

13 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

I am not OP, but this one has worked pretty well for me (I like working with the visual senses as well). 

Try looking at your entire frame of visual data as a gigantic screen. Pretend that you cannot influence, control, or affect it in any way. It will show whatever it wants, and your only job is to chill and do absolutely nothing. There is no "wrong" or "better" state for it to display. Once you've gotten a handle on the hands-off approach, repeat that with your hearing. Then feeling. Then tasting, smelling, and finally thinking. If you get deep enough with this technique, you will soon find that "you" begin to fade, and all of your sensory systems fade with the selfhood, too. Then the bliss comes out. 

You're awesome, thank you for this :)

I guess I should also mention; that when this "shift" happened and I saw the void/nothingness and then I became it, and the "I"/"me" disappeared, everything that Leo, other gurus, spiritual pointers, why people are the way they are, etc ALL made absolute sense and it was the TRUTH.  I even realized that the TRUTH is also a story.  It's stories behind stories behind stories.  

I "remember" this event from my current point of view and man I wish I could go back there, even though I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm already there.

It was incredibly trippy though.  I remember opening my smartphone and looking at social media and almost laughing at everyone thinking they're that person--like truly believing they're a real human making pouty kissy faces and taking selfies lmao.

I maybe laughed too hard because I'm still that selfie taking human LOL :)

2 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

You're awesome, thank you for this :)

I guess I should also mention; that when this "shift" happened and I saw the void/nothingness and then I became it, and the "I"/"me" disappeared, everything that Leo, other gurus, spiritual pointers, why people are the way they are, etc ALL made absolute sense and it was the TRUTH.  I even realized that the TRUTH is also a story.  It's stories behind stories behind stories.  

I "remember" this event from my current point of view and man I wish I could go back there, even though I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm already there.

It was incredibly trippy though.  I remember opening my smartphone and looking at social media and almost laughing at everyone thinking they're that person--like truly believing they're a real human making pouty kissy faces and taking selfies lmao.

I maybe laughed too hard because I'm still that selfie taking human LOL :)

It's all a big roller coaster, my friend. Have fun with it. Enjoy the selfies and the dogs and the ice cream and the political debates. All part of the human experience :)

1 minute ago, OneHandClap said:

It's all a big roller coaster, my friend. Have fun with it. Enjoy the selfies and the dogs and the ice cream and the political debates. All part of the human experience :)

Definitely enjoying it though, at the detriment of some things like becoming a millionaire or extremely successful--you know, that FOMO that was drilled into our brains since we were kids. :)  Although, that bullshit is definitely out of our control anyway.

I remember also being incredibly engaged with the whole play when I disappeared in that shift.  I was looking at everything like holy fuck, this is a miracle this is even existing but it's not even real... but it is.  

I feel like there's a bunch of visual learners on this site that can benefit from this thread/topic vs reading pointers and spiritual riddles.