Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

Doing Less

25 posts in this topic

key is to not do anything regardless if you are doing a retreat or doing a lot of external stuff.

Edited by Toby

@kurt no need to spend any more time on this. thank's for your input.

5 minutes ago, kurt said:

Using spirituality to manage ones neurosis is a really bad idea.

we'll agree to disagree. i don't know what you mean by "spirituality" but i like to use mindfulness to manage my neurosis and i know from first hand experience that it works. 

Edited by stevegan928

Aslo steve, you havent noticed that youre using techniques that are ripped off from old school methods, and are now asking how these things work.  And when I come along and tell you how they work you dont want to know.  Thats cool to question, but understand if you want to just fix up your psychology, then buy Nethanial Brandon Six Pillars, and dtich the hodge podge minimalist living.  Thats for enlightenment, if you dont want realization then stop doing the enlightenment stuff.  Well, actually, if you want enlightenment then go to the source and get taught how to become enlightened with the complete system, and stop whining that a little bit of Tolle mixed with a little bit of Actualized.org isnt helping.

@kurt i recently got Six Pillars and have read most of it it's good shit.

i wasn't trying to say oldschool methods are bad i was trying to make a case for the casual approach to spirituality. you're right i should stop whining and just try the methods out for myself. bye. 

9 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

@kurt i recently got Six Pillars and have read most of it it's good shit.

i wasn't trying to say oldschool methods are bad i was trying to make a case for the casual approach to spirituality. you're right i should stop whining and just try the methods out for myself. bye. 

I know you said by, but for the benefit of others, just want to clarify what im saying, because youve deflected my point by misunderstanding it.

The western approach to spirituality is nothing but a development of a dualistic "goody two shoes" personality out to transform society and the ills of the world...(can you sense the duality in these teachings?).  Real enlightenment is about understanding that you don't need to change in order to be free, that you always were free, and that everyone is already enlightened, that there is nothing wrong with the world, never has been, never will be.  You dont need to stop thinking and that you were never neurotic, that all is well.

Id say people are better off with real enlightenment rather than this "detachment" from mind that we over here take to be spiritual enlightenment.  Its not casual, its just silly Buddhist stuff.