Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Confused About Neo-Advaita Teachings?

8 posts in this topic

Hey if anyone here has been studying advaita teachers like Rupert Spira, Mooji etc and have struggled to understand their teachings I think I can help point you to the essence of their teaching.

I first heard Rupert Speak 2 years ago, and it took up until a few weeks ago until I believe I truly grasped the teaching.

If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to share

I like Rupert Spira, but Mooji resonates with me. It is more about his presence than his teachings. I have this visual of walking through a jungle at night, and seeing a pair of yellow eyes looking straight at me from the bush. Not predatory, just pure and courageous.

Mooji has this absolute commitment to being present, which I have seen in other spiritual teachers. He doesn't blink.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Actually,I consider Rupert not to be among the slew of Neo-Advaitans. His grasp of,and more importantly experiential (i.e. self realized) knowledge , of the Tantric Traditions and traditional Advaita-Vedanta are top-notch. Quite different from the neo advaitan's.

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I like Rupert Spira, but Mooji resonates with me. It is more about his presence than his teachings. I have this visual of walking through a jungle at night, and seeing a pair of yellow eyes looking straight at me from the bush. Not predatory, just pure and courageous.

Mooji has this absolute commitment to being present, which I have seen in other spiritual teachers. He doesn't blink.

Yeah I resonated with Mooji early on too. 

That's one thing that I've noticed very recently is the importance of the presence of spiritual teachers. You can tell that Mooji, Rupert, and Ekkart are always basking in their own presence as they speak

3 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Actually,I consider Rupert not to be among the slew of Neo-Advaitans. His grasp of,and more importantly experiential (i.e. self realized) knowledge , of the Tantric Traditions and traditional Advaita-Vedanta are top-notch. Quite different from the neo advaitan's.

I didn't use Neo advaita in a derogatory sense. I just meant teachers that are telling you look for the self, pointing at your own being etc.

I guess there is a distinction to made between teachers like Rupert and Tony parsons/Jim Newman. I prefer the former, but I'm sure the latter have their place in pointing people in the right direction.

One of my biggest issues with guys like Tony parsons/Jim Newman is the their spiritual arrogance. I heard Jim Newman say that Mooji isn't talking about what he's talking about, and he said it on a condescending tone I didn't appreciate that. But they may be right, I can't know for certain at this point

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

That's one thing that I've noticed very recently is the importance of the presence of spiritual teachers. You can tell that Mooji, Rupert, and Ekkart are always basking in their own presence as they speak

I agree. Their personalities are transparent enough for Consciousness to shine through them. It is all about getting out of the way, and letting Consciousness do its thing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I didn't use Neo advaita in a derogatory sense. I just meant teachers that are telling you look for the self, pointing at your own being etc.

I guess there is a distinction to made between teachers like Rupert and Tony parsons/Jim Newman. I prefer the former, but I'm sure the latter have their place in pointing people in the right direction.

One of my biggest issues with guys like Tony parsons/Jim Newman is the their spiritual arrogance. I heard Jim Newman say that Mooji isn't talking about what he's talking about, and he said it on a condescending tone I didn't appreciate that. But they may be right, I can't know for certain at this point

Without saying too much,I'll just say that most (i.e.,99.999%) of what the Neo's are trying to sell, ain't worth buying.

Anyway,this is not what this thread is about,and can be discussed elsewhere. So back to the topic at hand :D