Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mason Riggle

Language and Perception (Creation?)

1 post in this topic

@Leo Gura I think it would be very interesting to hear your insights on the link between Language and Perception/Creation, if there is such a link to be made. 

Here are a few quotes to give you an idea of what I mean, and where I might see this type of video going. 

"Language is not a handmaiden to perception; it is perception; it gives shape to what would otherwise be inert and dead." - Stanley Fish

"If we spoke a different language, we would perceive a different world." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Language is the biggest barrier to human progress because language is an encyclopedia of ignorance. Old perceptions are frozen into language and force us to look at the world in an old fashioned way." - Edward de Bono

"All of these concrete metaphors increase enormously our powers of perception of the world about us and our understanding of it, and literally create new objects. Indeed, language is an organ of perception, not simply a means of communication." - Julian Jaynes

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - The Bible (Is the creation story of the Bible a metaphor for 'imagining (speaking) reality into 'existence' through duality?)

Thanks for everything! Keep up the amazing work. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."