Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

When Am I Ready To Forgive My Parent?

26 posts in this topic

@Rilles

I meant a video to check his narcissistic level.

My dad is also a narcissist. When I was between 4 - 8 years old he slapped me in the face just because I was in his way. However, he did grow a lot and he is getting closer to a decent person, I'm currently putting him at 4/10 on the narcissistic scale. It's a bit easier for me to heal now, I guess that it will take more time for you.

Edited by Raphael

4 minutes ago, Raphael said:

@Rilles

I meant a video to check his narcissistic level.

My dad is also a narcissist. When I was between 4 - 8 years old he slapped me in the face just because I was in his way. However, he did grow a lot and he is getting closer to a decent person, I'm currently putting him at 4/10 on the narcissistic scale. It's a bit easier for me to heal now, I guess that it will take more time for you.

Sorry to hear that, it really fucks you up emotionally having these people as parents. Im glad hes turning out better, mine is not, he is getting more and more bitter and entrenched into his own little world, luckily he is too old to be physically violent anymore as he was in the 90s. Nowadays he mostly complains about the world. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 9/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, Rilles said:

Hm, interesting, I have a grudge against Christianity too so I guess I have to forgive that before I read the book though. xD

Yeah, I am not really a Christianity fan or whatever. But, there is good teachings there.

Most christians I know are very hypocritical... I just took from it what I liked. There is good stuff there.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

30 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah, I am not really a Christianity fan or whatever. But, there is good teachings there.

Most christians I know are very hypocritical... I just took from it what I liked. There is good stuff there.

Well, I have softened up alot over the years. I can see its value especially related to Spiral Dynamcis... and its a fascinating subject to study and all, the problem is my father (who is the topic of discussion here) is a hardcore fundamentalist Christian so the hate I have for him is merged with Christianity, its hard to separate the two.

I do love certain books in the bible though, like Ecclesiastics, so of course there is some value there. I guess I have a problem with the organized religion of the modern era rather than the Bible. 

Edited by Rilles

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Well, I have softened up alot over the years. I can see its value especially related to Spiral Dynamcis... and its a fascinating subject to study and all, the problem is my father (who is the topic of discussion here) is a hardcore fundamentalist Christian so the hate I have for him is merged with Christianity, its hard to separate the two.

I do love certain books in the bible though, like Ecclesiastics, so of course there is some value there. I guess I have a problem with the organized religion of the modern era rather than the Bible. 

Maybe it's a counterintuitive connection who knows.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

18 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Maybe it's a counterintuitive connection who knows.

What do you mean?