Preety_India

Different types of tea/ Different types of Bread

21 posts in this topic

I love tea brewing. Going to explore different kinds of tea. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

So funny, I'm currently drinking my inaugural cup of ginseng tea (on the advice of Gianna - cheers darl :))! Very refreshing it is, too.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Masala Chai the Indian tea with spices. 

5o3w3l.jpg

5o3y8p.jpg

5o3zjt.jpg

Pumpernickel is a type of rye bread that is originally from Germany. The origin of the word is pretty entertaining: It's a German word that comes from pumpern, which means to to break wind and Nickel, a take on the name Nicholas, which is associated with goblins or devilish characters. The word comes from the bread's "reputed indigestibility." So, the bread can be translated as the devil's fart, or something like that.

Now that we've got that covered, let's investigate how this devil's fart bread is actually made. Pumpernickel is made with pumpernickel flour, which is made from whole rye berries that have been coarsely ground.

pumpernickel differs from regular rye bread because while the former is made from the whole rye berry, the latter is made from the endosperm of the rye berry. Light rye is made with the "white rye flour ground from the center endosperm of the rye berry." Dark rye might be made the same way and then dyed to darker colors with the addition of the same ingredients that make American-style pumpernickel dark. It might also be made with more of "the outer endosperm, which contains more of the coloring pigments from the rye berry."

The German style of pumpernickel combines a sourdough starter and sometimes yeast with the flour. The dough then cooks in loaf tins at a low temperature for up to 24 hours. The long cooking time browns the bread significantly, bestowing it with its iconically dark color. The American style often forgoes the sourdough starter and the long cooking time. It achieves its dark color with the addition of ingredients like coffee, molasses or chocolate.

5o42n4.jpg

5o43o2.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

5o3yuo.jpg

5o3z9d.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

Will also discuss different types of wine beer and cakes in Germany and cute ideas for  bright mornings. 

And also other specialty foods in Germany. 

Edited by Preety_India

Germknödel ( Powidl) 

zwetschge 

Kolach

Buchteln

Zwetschgen Kuchen

5o45zu.jpg

Zwetschgenkuchen, Pflaumenkuchen, Zwetschgendatschi or Zwetschgenplootz is a sheet cake or pie made from yeast dough or shortcrust dough that is thinly spread onto a baking sheet or other baking mold and covered with pitted zwetschgen plums

Edited by Preety_India

German Apple Cake – Apfelkuchen

One of the most popular cakes in Germany are all kinds of variations of apple cakes. If you are invited to a German Kaffeeklatsch, the chances are high that you will be served a wonderful moist and aromatic slice of homemade German apple cake.

Cheers Preets, currently drowning in my own drool. That devil's fart bread looks sooo appetising...

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

The teas that I want to try this week. 

• Tata tea gold. 
  • Tata Teaveda
  • Brooke Bond 3 roses 
  • Brooke Bond 3 roses nature care 
  • Cambridge Tea masala 
  • Taj Mahal Tea - rejected 

So what I found after drinking the different brands of tea. 

Tata tea gold. - kinda okay and neutral. 

Tata Teaveda - good for a spicy taste 

Brooke Bond 3 roses - this one way too strong and acidic 

Brooke Bond 3 roses nature care - very bitter gingery flavour quite strong, 

Cambridge Tea masala not tried 

Taj Mahal Tea - rejected 

I want to try white tea some day. 

I have never tried that one. 

I have tried green tea And it wasn't such a good experience. 

I like the taste of certain teas that are not too strong and not too mild. 

I enjoy the Aroma and the nutty flavor. 

I usually like ones that are not too strong and don't leave a taste in the mouth. 

Choosing the right tea is almost like choosing the right perfume. You don't want it too floral and you don't want it too mild to the point you can't smell anything. You want just the right smell, a bit woody, nutty as well as slightly floral to keep it original without being too conventional. 

In other words you don't want your perfume to smell like a typical spray that the whole town uses.. You want it to be unique and special and not have the factory-made feel to it. 

You want your tea to be organic and natural and not some commercial factory product with a typical chemical taste.

I have seen that a lot of teas can cause me a headache 

I prefer the milder ones. 

@Preety_India

You’re so like me hehe 

I always want to strike the perfect balance as well. I liked the perfume example you gave. Fits perfectly I feel.

I love you ? 

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming