Ramu

[book] The Untethered Soul By Michael Singer (10/10)

8 posts in this topic

A great read for anyone who desires to learn about witness consciousness and The True Self amongst other things.  This is one to treasure and pass onto others as a gift that delivers tremendous insight into spirituality.  I recommend this book for all seekers.  His book that follows, The Surrender Experiment, is amazing as well!

Hello there, currently reading now. I grasp the concepts and then it quickly slips through my fingers like smoke dissipates into the air. I am re-reading to get through the denseness of my mind, and attempting to open portals of awareness through the clearing of my samskaras.

Just to add on a bit more. What attracted me was the first chapter where he talks about the dueling voices in your head.  Then he writes about the observer of those thoughts, The Witness.  In addition to Michael Singers wisdom is the mature and practical way he discusses spirituality.  Enough said.

2 hours ago, TinaM said:

Hello there, currently reading now. I grasp the concepts and then it quickly slips through my fingers like smoke dissipates into the air. I am re-reading to get through the denseness of my mind, and attempting to open portals of awareness through the clearing of my samskaras.

Well for example when he says not to close your heart it means if someone hurts you, don't retaliate by shutting them out.  Leave your heart open...maybe meaning to have an open mind.  The book can't be read only once.  I've read it twice and definitely need to re-read.  Much of the book like all similar books in kind deal with ego problems.  Gratitude and loving kindness are also topics.  If you can read a different spiritual book after this one it might give added perspective.  Reading Eckart Tolle's A New Earth was a great supplemental read.  I read that one twice also.  Anything in particular that is hard to understand, please respond because I love exploring this type of thing with like minded people!!