Late Boomer

Best resources to learn about Spiral Dynamics?

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

did you actually change the way you lived your life in that year? Did you focus on winning, getting to the top and primarily wanted to be materially rich (having good looking clothes, car, house, lifestyle)? Was your focus on practical hands-on self-help to make yourself productive and out-compete others? Did you want to get recognition for your success?

@Loving Radiance Id say no no no no no. I really feel like I skipped over orange. Of course, I didnt know I was doing it. Im just now gettting into spiral dynamics so im just now seeing it.

Most of the difference were just in my views on things. I began meditating, quit drinking and started reading books on spirituality, those were the behavioral differences I guess. 

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Do I avoid some part of life like being productive & opportunistic by going into Green when I know I should have the foundation of material security settled?

Yes! I feel this way very much. Im very seriously doing the life purpose course and trying to not to let money be too important. But at the same time I cant help but feel a bit like I SHOULD be worried about finances so parts of the course telling me not to focus on money are leaving me unsure of how to feel about it.

@Leo Gura what is it? Do I ignore the concern for finances and money and focus SOLELY on my Green purpose. Or is there a more nuanced balance that I'm missing?

Edited by Adodd

On 11/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, Loving Radiance said:

Instead of grasping for higher stages go integrate the ones you innocently made a shadow of. A solid foundation for any structure makes more sense than just building up higher and higher. But maybe you have to learn the lesson yourself. Maybe you have to try reaching for the sky without grounding and then realize that the highest tree needs deep roots.

It can require letting go of one's pride or precious self-image to go work on the foundation and invite self-acceptance of one's true position in life.

This is want I want and am very willing to do. I'm not to proud to go back and admit I missed something that I have mistakenly been looking down at.

Just trying to figure out exactly where i have went wrong. It's so fucking tricky man.

15 hours ago, Adodd said:

Just trying to figure out exactly where i have went wrong. It's so fucking tricky man.

You did nothing wrong mate. You just didn't have the lens to see your life through.

Most of the difference were just in my views on things. I began meditating, quit drinking and started reading books on spirituality, those were the behavioral differences I guess.

If you feel called you can continue all this AND begin to develop your secure monetary foundation.

17 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Do I avoid some part of life like being productive & opportunistic by going into Green when I know I should have the foundation of material security settled?

Yes! I feel this way very much. Im very seriously doing the life purpose course and trying to not to let money be too important. But at the same time I cant help but feel a bit like I SHOULD be worried about finances so parts of the course telling me not to focus on money are leaving me unsure of how to feel about it.

Your LP can bring money but it's not the sole focus. The focus is what aligns with your values and what you can give to the world that is unique to you and your inspiration. It's okay to take steps to accomplish full focus on your LP. It's okay when the steps look like working at your local supermarket to secure steady income for the moment.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

7 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

If you feel called you can continue all this AND begin to develop your secure monetary foundation.

Of course. Guess I should stop overcomplicating this

7 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

You did nothing wrong mate. You just didn't have the lens to see your life through.

Your right, thank you! ?

Thankful to now have this lens. I'm so much luckier than most.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, Adodd said:

@Leo Gura what is it? Do I ignore the concern for finances and money and focus SOLELY on my Green purpose. Or is there a more nuanced balance that I'm missing?

Of course money is an important factor. Green builds atop Orange.

It's much more nuanced than you're making it out to be.

If you don't manage your finances well you will struggle to realize your purpose. But also you cannot just be run by money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.