Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thetruthseeker

What’s the distinction between overthinking and contemplation?

3 posts in this topic

I’m in ‘limbo’ at the moment and find myself doing a lot of thinking about where I’m currently at in life and where I want to be in the next chapter of life. 
It’s that very reflective time on being on my own, journaling and feeling melancholy 

however I’m just wondering where the difference and distinction is between contemplation and just ‘overthinking’ … 

I feel like I’m contemplating, but also I’ve got constant thoughts and a narrative running through my head all day. 
just wondering any thoughts or guidance on this to know I’m on a good track of contemplation rather than just endless overthinking 

thanks ?? 

I think contemplation becomes overthinking when it starts becoming painful.u stop contemplation when it becomes painful

The difference between overthinking and contemplation, is that overthinking is a restless mind occupied with looking for justifiable answears to end it's restlessness.

While contemplation is predominantly a silent mind, holding or resting in a single question.

The destinction between the two, is that contemplation tend to have a calming effect on the mind. While overthinking tend to have a exausting effect on mind.