Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patok95

How to know if spiritual insights aren't self-deceptions?

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I've been practicing Self inquiry for at least one month day by day, for over an hour on average. Last 3 days, I've seen some 'potentially' spiritual moments. First one was when I've come to sincere realization that any theories about the Universe or the World are just stupid, because we need to focus only on our direct experience. Because of that when I was watching Leo's video (about pointing about some fantasies about everything or people imagination/ideas) I was literally able to agree with him in all of his teachings. However as I say - it was the sincere perspective from my side. Like if I didn't really have any barriers to accept this fact.
Next 'insight' started when I woke up. I was feeling a slight impression about the world - that it's all just illusion.

But the short term of that potential insights and not really strong/vibrant nature of those, created some doubts within me if they are really valid. 
In other words - what is your opinion about spiritual insights? What could be a measure of bias and on the other hand the measure of real insight?

What do you think? Thanks.

From what I have understood based on what I have been told, Spiritual insights are self-evident, at least in the moment they are. There aren't any questions about whether it was are was not, until after you experience them. And based on my interpretation of Leo's videos, as well as listening to Alan watts, those seem pretty accurate.

But keep in mind I'm still a newbie when it comes to spiritual insights, plus I am still a little skeptical about them.

:D

All experiences are deceptive, but the revelations can be self evident and obvious. Total story though, since in the end there's only what isn't, appearing to be. All insights collapse into unknowing, which is all there is. But the obvious remains...

All insights are basically false because they are arrived at through a point of view which is what you take to be you. This point of view may be more or less encompassing of the whole view (we could say this is the intention behind self-inquiry) but it is not the view itself, therefore truth is necessarily always only approximated (until you eject yourself out of all possible delusions). As you get deeper, more nuanced insights you see how 2 months ago you knew nothing, how you were but a toddler. Then 2 month later, you see that 4 months ago you actually were not even a toddler on the scale of consciousness, etc. What to say of 2 years? What will you discover in 30 years from now?

The fact that something is not absolutely true does not mean that this thing is not relevant to you, quite the contrary.

Until you transcend emotionality (which may happen in less than a week from now), the measure of the relevance of an insight is how you feel about the insight in a very binary way: either a positive or negative emotion. When it's positive, this is the way to go relatively speaking. When it's negative, inquire as to why it's negative. You will then discover beliefs you have and shed them, or you will discover the untruth of the insight. In this way, you will feel happier and happier while becoming clearer and clearer. Maybe this is unclear or seems superficial, but I suggest you try it and see.

3 minutes ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Until you transcend emotionality (which may happen in less than a week from now), the measure of the relevance of an insight is how you feel about the insight in a very binary way: either a positive or negative emotion.

What happens after emotionality is transcended?

6 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

What happens after emotionality is transcended?

It is best that you discover this yourself. What is emotion?

2 hours ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

It is best that you discover this yourself. What is emotion?

Emotion is nothing, appearing as something, like anything else