Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Hey Leo what do you think of George Berkeley?

6 posts in this topic

Hey, hope you're doing good.

I noticed that a lot of times in your talks you say that we are "imagining" things. Presumably you do not mean the human mind but the God-mind.

It seems you may subscribe to Berkeley's Idealism with a twist...

For example like Rupert Spira perhaps you would say a brain is what a human mind looks like from a second person perspective inside this "dream"?

Or regarding Qualia. Perhaps you would say that specific wavelengths of light are what color looks like through the filter of a human mind.

But the things that we cannot perceive without tools such as a singular photon, or whatever other subatomic particle (quarks???? Higgs Boson????) what is going on with them? Are they a paradoxical type of "existent nothingness" like consciousness? Are they existent within infinity but not existent as "things" when not perceived?

I've often wonderes how UV rays give us sunburn and such even when we do not perceive these things with our limited human mind.

Of course Berkeley was basically correct.

To be is to be perceived.

Although still, he was not conscious of Infinity. Or at least he didn't talk about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course Berkeley was basically correct.

To be is to be perceived.

Although still, he was not conscious of Infinity. Or at least he didn't talk about it.

Right, so the subatomic particles which aren't directly perceived like UV, what term would you use to describe them? They aren't things when robbed of perception yet we find they exist.

3 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Right, so the subatomic particles which aren't directly perceived like UV, what term would you use to describe them? They aren't things when robbed of perception yet we find they exist.

UV and everything else exists as perceptions. Just not the perceptions you imagine.

UV and atoms are perceptions within your visual field.

UV and atoms are a 2nd order visual perception. Then your mind imagines the rest.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

UV and atoms are perceptions within your visual field.

UV and atoms are a 2nd order visual perception.

Don't think I get this yet, as I've never seen UV though it does burn my skin easily. Thanks anyway though.

When I found consciousness I found it to be nothing (on your Curt podcast you said this is often an early step in the process). It existed but it wasn't anything at all. And I am currently thinking UV and such is like that. Existent nothings. I might have that idea wrong.

@RMQualtrough Ask yourself how you actually learned of the existence of UV.

What you'll discover is that you either saw it or heard it. So that's literally what UV is: pictures and sounds.