Preety_India

Singing

16 posts in this topic

I created this journal for you  @Gregory1.

You can post your singing progress here. 

You can post all your videos here. 

I can also give you feedback sometimes. 

I would recommend you to work on a singing career because your singing is top notch. 

I hope you like my suggestion. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I created this journal for you  @Gregory1.

You can post your singing progress here. 

You can post all your videos here. 

I can also give you feedback sometimes. 

I would recommend you to work on a singing career because your singing is top notch. 

I hope you like my suggestion. 

Oh wow, thank you so much for that post.

I do not feel like my singing is that great but I am definitely enjoying it a lot. Your compliments give me a lot of motivation and make me very happy, thank you for that<3

I am planning to upload weekly videos on my YouTube Channel every weekend and to write my own original songs and publish them approx 1 original song a month.

For the last week I have been learning important music production skills

Sorry to all you viewers because the first videos on my channel will be a trial and error process where I will try many things out to see what works and learn a lot along the way. I might not be able to produce something that is great every week but I am certainly trying, my last song was about 12 hours of work even if the video is only 4 minutes.

I thank everyone who looks at this thread and might give me some feedback about my videos. Please give me feedback, whatever it is. If you don't like the Camera angle / if you think I am singing to high, if you don't like the way I express myself / think I should dress differently, basically if you have any kind of advice what I could do better please let me know. I would be very thankful for that.

I will share my future videos in this thread, thanks Preety for opening it up and for potential feedback you might sometimes give me, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

This was the first song I covered, beautiful song - "In the arms of the angel" by Sarah McLachlan, I would love to hear critique / feedback from anybody! 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

The second song I did is called "a million dreams" by Pink. 

In this song I tried to be more expressive by putting the piano away and performing without it. I also combined multiple voices at once hoping to create beautiful harmonies, would love to hear your (anybodys) feedback on that

You are Love.

Great job. 

I am a huge fan of Sarah McLachlan

I think her song Delirium Silence was one of my favorites, been a long time since I heard that one. It has a trance Buddhist vibe to it. 

I thought about this song for your next cover. 

Bryan Adams. Everything I do, I do it for you 

It kinda matches your style if you are into soft rock

Edited by Preety_India

Let me know what kind of songs you generally prefer covering and I gather them for you 

You have a great voice. Don't worry about your clothing or anything else. Your camera and set up is impeccable for a newbie.. 

Just focus on hardcore practice. 

Practice covering a ton of songs and same songs again and again. 

Here is another one for you to cover. 

On 09/09/2021 at 3:24 AM, Gregory1 said:

am planning to upload weekly videos on my YouTube Channel every weekend and to write my own original songs and publish them approx 1 original song a month.

For the last week I have been learning important music production skills

Appreciate your hard work and dedication. 

Hey @Preety_India,

I didn't look into that journal for a long time now. Sorry for not responding. The songs you recommended here are quite beautiful. I like them and I might try to cover them in the future. I have a long list of songs I love many of which I'd love to cover. So please understand if I can't immedietely cover the songs you recommended;)

Unfortunately I didn't stick to my plan to upload 1 vid every week. It was too hard. I always created stuff but it never satisfied me. Now I simply said "fuck it", set my camera up and tried to be as authentic as I can. Just being myself without filter. I would be happy for any feedback I could get from you guys. Thanks and peace:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmu-pOXvYBY&ab_channel=music4fun

Edited by Gregory1

You are Love.

@Gregory1 keep going and don't doubt your own talent. You're young and this is your chance. Keep working hard. 

Also try to look out for auditions in your local place so you can showcase your skills there. Even if your talent is raw right now, you will need intensive training to reach professional levels. 

There is no harm in trying how this talent  works out for you. Take it as an adventure rather than looking at it from an angle of perfection.. 

Nobody ever starts out perfect. Everyone is just raw and natural and unskilled in the beginning. So there will be flaws. However these flaws will gradually improve as you keep practicing and sticking to your determination. 

Often times talent is neglected or ignored either by the individual themselves or by others. Do not ignore or waste your own talents. You don't need to spend too much money on this. But you can continue exploring your own talent in cost effective ways. 

You really have a gift of singing. Use it. Attend festivals or places in your local area or city to see where you can find anyone to appreciate your talent or give you some upward mobility so you can join groups where you get to learn more about singing and how you can turn it into a professional career. 

This is no easy task because competition is extremely tough in the field of arts and music. 

So you will always need a plan B ready. You can't rely entirely on one talent alone. If things don't seem to be making a breakthrough, then you will need to explore other areas for a steady career. 

Keep going and don't give up. 

Your determination will gradually open new opportunities for you wherever you are in life. Also don't hold yourself back for any reason. All reasons are simply imaginations of the mind. 

I wish you luck on your path. 

On 10.10.2021 at 10:30 PM, Preety_India said:

@Gregory1 keep going and don't doubt your own talent. You're young and this is your chance. Keep working hard. 

Also try to look out for auditions in your local place so you can showcase your skills there. Even if your talent is raw right now, you will need intensive training to reach professional levels. 

There is no harm in trying how this talent  works out for you. Take it as an adventure rather than looking at it from an angle of perfection.. 

Nobody ever starts out perfect. Everyone is just raw and natural and unskilled in the beginning. So there will be flaws. However these flaws will gradually improve as you keep practicing and sticking to your determination. 

Often times talent is neglected or ignored either by the individual themselves or by others. Do not ignore or waste your own talents. You don't need to spend too much money on this. But you can continue exploring your own talent in cost effective ways. 

You really have a gift of singing. Use it. Attend festivals or places in your local area or city to see where you can find anyone to appreciate your talent or give you some upward mobility so you can join groups where you get to learn more about singing and how you can turn it into a professional career. 

This is no easy task because competition is extremely tough in the field of arts and music. 

So you will always need a plan B ready. You can't rely entirely on one talent alone. If things don't seem to be making a breakthrough, then you will need to explore other areas for a steady career. 

Keep going and don't give up. 

Your determination will gradually open new opportunities for you wherever you are in life. Also don't hold yourself back for any reason. All reasons are simply imaginations of the mind. 

I wish you luck on your path. 

@Preety_India Thank you for your love and encouragement

You are Love.

Hey beautiful people... 

Today I did a cover of a song I really love... It is called "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. I hope you like it, have a nice day. 

You are Love.

@Gregory1 @Gregory1

I like how you did a Namaste in the beginning. 

I'm mad about your singing skills. 

I'm your biggest fan. 

Please do more, more more more. 

I enjoy listening to you singing. It's so awesome. 

:x:x:x

@Gregory1 left a comment on your YouTube video. 

You go guy!! 

Thumbs up. 

You inspire me so much. 

On 26.11.2021 at 8:22 AM, Preety_India said:

@Gregory1 @Gregory1

I like how you did a Namaste in the beginning. 

I'm mad about your singing skills. 

I'm your biggest fan. 

Please do more, more more more. 

I enjoy listening to you singing. It's so awesome. 

:x:x:x

Hey @Preety_India, thank you soo much for your encouragement, YOU inspire ME!

This song is dedicated to you. A gift of love and appreciation, just for you - my biggest fan. I love you<3

You are Love.