SLuxy

DIY Solo retreat (+Life purpose)

4 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm planning to do a 5 day solo retreat.

I want to get some serious progress with the life purpose course too. Therefore, I want to combine the two!

M thoughts are currently to do 6 hours per day of 'Do nothing meditation', and then 3 hours of journaling on the life purpose course.

I'm currently contemplating about whether to do 1 hour of DNM and then some journaling, or whether to do the 6 hours DNM and then journal.

My intuition says to do the 1 hour DNM, journal, DNM, journal cycle.

However, I would really appreciate some thoughts from others, regarding which approach would be best. Also, some general tips on running this sort of thing would be great.

(I'll be doing it in a new apartment I'm moving into).

Thanks in advance!

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

If anyone has a link to a similar thread, please feel free for that, as well.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@SLuxy I guess that trusting your intuition on what you should do during your retreat is good. Personally, for my first solo retreat I wouldn't put myself into a precise schedual. Since you're gonna be doing this at home, it might be harder not to get distracted, that's why I would personally prefer going somewhere like in nature for exemple where I cannot distract myself with screens, entertainment, etc. 

If you haven't done it yet, I hope it pays well for you :)