jdharvey6

Awakening without access to psychedelics

27 posts in this topic

@BipolarGrowth Yeah, I can only speak from personal experience.

How do you think weed can be used in a healthy way so as to avoid the negative side effects such as decrease in motivation and mental sharpness while still getting its positive effects like creativity and a more contemplative mindset?

5 minutes ago, samijiben said:

@BipolarGrowth Yeah, I can only speak from personal experience.

How do you think weed can be used in a healthy way so as to avoid the negative side effects such as decrease in motivation and mental sharpness while still getting its positive effects like creativity and a more contemplative mindset?

The most effective way to handle these issues probably comes with setting strong intentions on using it for personal development work rather than just for fun. Weed used to do all of the negative things you first described for me, but now it is almost completely opposite to what it first was for me. I think it has to do with maturity too. It’s a tool with some minor yet common drawbacks, but I think it is 100% worth a shot especially if people are considering psychedelics. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@BipolarGrowth I've always had a love/hate relationship with weed as I have an addictive personality and tended to abuse it. Speaking of addictive personalities, what do you think about them: bullshit excuse or real condition? Maybe I should give weed another shot (or should I say smoke? lol) and set that intention, as weed really does have positive effects.

14 minutes ago, samijiben said:

@BipolarGrowth I've always had a love/hate relationship with weed as I have an addictive personality and tended to abuse it. Speaking of addictive personalities, what do you think about them: bullshit excuse or real condition? Maybe I should give weed another shot (or should I say smoke? lol) and set that intention, as weed really does have positive effects.

Everyone can get addicted to plenty of things. It’s both an excuse and a reality for many people. Try lower doses. A few hits of a joint then see how well your insight can multiply the effects. High doses are fun to work with too, but this is crazy land territory. Only go there if that’s your thing. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

On 16/08/2021 at 7:17 AM, Consilience said:

Many hours of meditation and contemplation. Id pick up Peter Ralston’s “The Book of Not Knowing” and Dr. John Yate’s “The Mind Illuminated” as books to dive into. Combing the material with these two books through hardcore spiritual practice before you take psychedelics would provide enormous benefit, as well as make your entry into psychedelics enormously more powerful. 

The Book of Not Knowing is amazing. Still going through it. Feel I could have accelerated my journey if I had found this years ago.

• Contemplate your own death. Imagine what it feels like when your about to die. Feel the five sense. Perhaps you're in a coffin. Or about to get eaten by a shark. Accept and relax into it.
  • Sit out in nature for at least 40 minutes. When the 40 minutes is up, stay aware for 5 minutes as you get up and walk away. Do this frequently.
  • Watch Leo's Neti Neti method video
  • Read some Peter Ralston books

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I will definitely take these into consideration:) thank you.