Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emind

Spontaneous Trauma Release

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just wanted to share a  recent personal experience  that made me reflect on the nature of trauma release.

After going through some amount of stress (financial/work-related) for the past few months, and not having dedicated any time to meditation or spirituality, I experienced a  sudden cathartic trauma release.

It was completely out of the blue (well, kind of, really). 

I'd been diligently focused on the mundane matters of my daily material existence, devoting my whole-hearted attention to DOING, instead of BEING. 

I was in a sort of productivity streak fueled by trauma.

Though the experience was indeed unexpected, I had noticed signs that I was holding on to something along the way.

As I forcefully ignored  the cries of my inner child, and powered through another work session, I could physically feel my shoulders tensing up, my chest closing.

It was only until a couple of days ago, that my rigid dam of emotional inhibition broke.

I suddenly started getting  vivid flashbacks of multiple traumatic episodes that I thought I had resolved. 

Feelings of guilt, sadness, and regret started flooding every inch of my psyche.

After finding myself so overwhelmed, I intuited that it was best to take some time to explore these feelings in depth, and cancelled all my plans that afternoon. 

As I plunged into the profundity of my sadness, I cried and cried and cried, uncontrollably, for more than an hour. 

I found out I felt guilty for things I hadn't admitted to myself before, and noticed that the small sore spots of anger that drove me crazy so often, were just  superficial layers of defensiveness covering pain, hurt, and vulnerability. 

But here's the thing that amazed me the most: the level of vividness with which I relived those painful episodes was unlike anything I had ever experienced. It was so raw and real, that it seemed like a trip back in time. 

It  was incredibly rejuvenating and refreshing.

Suffice to say, I have slept incredibly well since, and feel light like a feather. 

I'm still keeping the same levels of productivity, but have chosen to do so more consciously. 

Edited by emind

@emind your body mind has its own plan when to do this. Your body mind will not Do it when you are busy and stressed. It waits for the right Moment when you are psychological prepared to handle your trauma. Then it will show you.