Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoN-RaTiOnAL

a question about the recent video leo released

6 posts in this topic

one of the cliams made in that "how to make meditation enjoyable" video was that becoming content and joyful within your own consciousness would have a spillover effect to other areas of life and im not sure if thats my experience and wanted to open a discussion about that. 

i find that after about 5 years of meditating i already found my own way of doing it in a way that makes me enjoy it and relax deeply although i find that in social situations its really hard to maintain this level of content for me, all my projections start to appear in my consciousness mostly while im with other people, when im alone its pretty easy to forget about them altogether. it just doesnt seem related at all. 
i think this practice should be done while spending time with people consciously and not wait for an unconscious spillover effect to happen. 

what do you think? 

What kind of meditation do you do and how is your day structured mostly?

And what kind of projections are coming up, is there a recurring theme surrounding them. Any specific situations they come up?

How do they make you feel?

i meditate usually in the morning for 45 min (25 min eyes open, than closed, i use a neurofeedback wearable)
i mostly aim at relaxation and being comfortale in my own skin while i meditate. these days its become a part of the day I long for. 

the projections that are coming up are exactly the type leo was talking about. different types of chords that tie my sense of content with myself with reactions i want to get from others. and it makes me feel.. unhappy, nervous. 

Well meditation will not solve your issues or release you from the already build mental structure and triggers you get everyday. What will it do instead is making you more aware and instead of reacting to a situation or a person, you chose to behave differently because now your are more aware if that makes sense. Self Actualization it's more that just meditation. But I do believe meditation it's one of the fastest way to change behavior, because at the end of the day you behave in accordance to how you already build your mental phisical and emotional structure. Having a glimpse of yourself without judgement is far more important than meditation in my opinion. Also sometimes what happens to me is more meditation I do the more staff from my subconscious mind I'll assume come into surface and I would feel anger most of the time and I let it go immediately. Sometimes it's better to do less everyday and more at a specific day. You said unhappy, nervous. Well a solution might be digging into your past and see what did make those emotions more and more part of your body. We all feel different kind of emotions but some of us are more prone to behave in a different way that others only because of your past, thus different triggers will trigger different emotions. Your problem it's much deeper than meditation (deeper doesn't mean hard to fix). 

all im sayin is that the claim Leo made in the video doesnt resonate with my experience, so i wanted a clarification on that matter or other views so i could get it more accurately. maybe its false to assume that knowing how to create inner content all by yourself will have a spillover effect to other areas of life aswell. cuz it might just have an effect while your alone only. and maybe the corret way to do this practice holistically is to practice it willingly while being alone and while hanging with other folks aswell. 

On 14.8.2021 at 11:16 AM, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

with reactions i want to get from others

This is the culprit.

As long as you need anything from others you wont notice any real change.

The point is that you become so content and happy while you meditate, that you will notice that you need less and less.

Needing TV? No.

Needing instagram? No.

Needing to be with other people? No.

Needing approval of others? No.

Needing others to even like me? No.

While the kind of meditation Leo mentions will bring you there eventually. You can also speedup the process by deliberately releasing on the needs and desires that come up in social settings.

No need to do it while you are with others (even though you can do that).

Working on your Emotional Mastery can be done everywhere.