Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Leo's video on suicide

5 posts in this topic

In this clip Leo talks about suicide and the challenges around it. 

He says in the absolute sense, suicide is not morally wrong. I somewhat agree. 

Then Leo proceeds to say - death is infinite love, this is where I suffer a temporary moment of mindfuck. How is death supposed to mean infinite love? 

Then he says the absolute purpose of this work is to recontextualize everything around you in the here and now and be able to see the beauty in the present moment. 

But my question is that if this present moment represents all the beauty and infinite love, then why can't death also represent same? How does death become any lower in value than the experience of the present moment and why should death not be on the same plane as living in the present moment? 

Is it not possible to love this challenge that entails loving the present moment and love death at the same time? 

Also as Leo says to make a commitment to suffer it out no matter what, I guess it's easier said than done. Would this imply that suicide is un-spiritual? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I almost cried watching the video. 

When my father died, I actually felt happy for him because he was suffering too much..

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

25 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Then Leo proceeds to say - death is infinite love, this is where I suffer a temporary moment of mindfuck. How is death supposed to mean infinite love? 

Death understood as the end of being is a myopic delusion. Being is, and is nothing. This is impossible to understand, so don't even try. Whatever you believe death to be, drop it, and look for yourself in your direct experience.

25 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

But my question is that if this present moment represents all the beauty and infinite love, then why can't death also represent same? How does death become any lower in value than the experience of the present moment and why should death not be on the same plane as living in the present moment? 

The present moment does not represent anything. Neither does death.
Value is only relative to survival, so of course "death" is lower in value than living in the present moment. 

The "beauty" and "love" in the present moment is a relative expression of a confused mind with no point of reference (knowledge).

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Preety_India as usual Leo is poor at using proper words and language. what he meant and what you proposed as logical cliams is so different. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Would this imply that suicide is un-spiritual? 

death or suicide is unSpritual by any definition. seek life, knowledge, love, etc which is christ sprit. 

sucide or death oriented things are crimes

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I almost cried watching the video. 

When my father died, I actually felt happy for him because he was suffering too much..

suffering is better than death, but I got your feelings. whatever it is, it is God will! that is what you want to say. 

I have not watched the video yet, but I wanted to comment.  Suicide is an unfortunate failure of the mind over the body.  Not in some moralistic way, but in that we are all built with self-preservation and that even when life is difficult and painful we fight to stay alive.  Sometimes we can be convinced that death is superior to life.  Death is a part of life.  It is the other side of the coin of life.  It isn't something to shun or embrace.  It just is, and when the time comes we will all encounter it.  Trying to escape life just to be back with Unity with all and pure love misses the point of life. 

Most people who have had a near death experience have no fear of death or dying, but also realize that this life is why we are human.  To experience this life, not prematurely move on. 

That being said, I am not against euthanasia or even suicide in some extreme situations.  Terminal illness with no hope of recovery with debilitating pain and no quality of life.  Sure, let me check out.  But thinking I will somehow be better off dead just because I'm depressed or facing challenges in life?  No.