Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
actualized1

Doing Personal Development Having English As A Second Language

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need some thoughts on this.

Even though I consider that my english is very good, I feel like I don't fully "connect" with what I read or watch (Leo's vids) and not getting the results that I'm supposed to get.

Do I need to fully master the language? Should I do self-help only in my native language?

39 minutes ago, actualized1 said:

Hi,

I need some thoughts on this.

Even though I consider that my english is very good, I feel like I don't fully "connect" with what I read or watch (Leo's vids) and not getting the results that I'm supposed to get.

Do I need to fully master the language? Should I do self-help only in my native language?

No if you understand the videos that is enough, Leo's enligh is quite simple and you do not need much knowledge to understand it. If you do not get full results there are lot of other possible options and I doubt that it is language.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

@actualized1 Never had an issue with it. Although I do think in English most of the time. Is that what you meant by full mastery?
Anywho, still should be fine even if you don't. Only little things could have some impact, such as - you probably wanna do self-enquiry in a language that is the most natural to you, etc.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I have English as a second language, and decided to improve it a bit, because sometimes I would read sentences and not know the meaning of some words. I also did a word test, that estimated how many words I knew in English, and I wanted to improve the number.

At the moment I highlight every word I read in a book that I don't know, and then add it to an application called Anki after I have finished the book. The application uses flashcards which reveals the word, and afterwards the meaning, I then answer whether I knew the answer, and if I knew the answer, it will ask the card later than if I did not know the answer.

@actualized1 Hey There,

There is always room for improvement and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and grow. 

English is definitely worth while understanding as your view of the world broadens and so does your understanding. 

You don't need to connect with everything Leo or anyone else says, you can take what you can from his videos and leave what you don't connect with; and that is with anything anyone tells you and things you read. You can always research things for yourself to gain more of an understanding?

Perhaps you may feel a stronger connection after gaining more understanding  of topics. 

Don't give up learning English, you will get there with a little work and persistence.