Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

Is business supposed to be fun?

7 posts in this topic

I feel sort of afraid of this whole business thing. I’m still brainstorming ideas and it makes me anxious.

is business supposed to be fun?

is it serious if you fuck up or are you supposed to?

what is a good psychology to have in business?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

It can be as fun or stressful or serious as you want/make it.

Detachment.

Know that nothing really matters.  Yet act as if it does.  

You don't want to be careless.  But also, you don't want to get caught in spirals or anxiety and stress.  Find the middle ground and what works for you.

Also think sustainably.  Can you do business long-term while you're feeling as stressed as you do?  Enjoying the process is actually also better for survival in this sense.

What's your motivation for starting business?  Love, fear (financial?), fun, to be taken seriously, ...?

What would enjoying the process of business look and feel like to you?  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 right.

My initial motivation was fear of wage slavery.

not ideal. 

now I’m seeing the possibility of fun and creativity entering the picture.

I want to work on my psychology to have positive motivation.

@Bob Seeker

I am about it in the same situation as you, brainstorming ideas and being terrified of what will or will not happen.

3 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

I feel sort of afraid of this whole business thing. I’m still brainstorming ideas and it makes me anxious.

is business supposed to be fun?

is it serious if you fuck up or are you supposed to?

what is a good psychology to have in business?

Business can be fun, but also can be an absolute drag, depending on what and how you do it.

fucking up in business is the most normal thing ever, failure is good as long as you learn form it and then do not repeat the same mistakes.

Failure is part of the process, just as you, i needed and still need to recontextualize failure as something positive.

One of the big points in business is not to look at the profits too much, do not get me wrong the profits are definitely important, but what is even more important is the daily process you go through, how you run your business etc.

You can make all the money in the world, but it´s worth nothing if you feel miserable.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

Biz is like life. It's fun but if you fuck up you're dead ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Marcel said:

failure is good as long as you learn form it and then do not repeat the same mistakes.

yeah. it seems reasonable that many of my ideas will not work. I’ll probably be like one of those dog simulations trying to teach itself how to walk?

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Biz is like life. It's fun but if you fuck up you're dead ;)

You mean the business dies, right??

@Bob Seeker

3 minutes ago, Bob Seeker said:

yeah. it seems reasonable that many of my ideas will not work. I’ll probably be like one of those dog simulations trying to teach itself how to walk?

lmao that is a great analogy. 

I think Leo even said somewhere that your first is business is basically guaranteed to fail, don´t quote on that im not entirely sure where i got it from.

But it is certainly true, if you have never build a business before its probably not good, its like flying a plane without any prior knowledge, its bound to crash, as long as you dont crash the same way twice its fine.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming