Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Live Life Liam

Leaving Education For Good To Pursue Life Purpose + Business Goals

5 posts in this topic

I am 17 years old and living alone in my flat given the amazing opportunity of time to be able to create any future I want. The problem is I'm not sure if I should stop being involved in education for good here on out and begin pursuing business and self teach instead. I don't want to be a worker but my own boss so I don't see how the education system (university) will help me do that. 

I'm currently  doing short courses here and there but not fully studying.

I know this path suits my personality type fully so I'm definitely leaning towards this path and will probably follow it regardless but I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has advice to give as it could be helpful going forward?

Edited by Live Life Liam

Well!! you certainly are in a incredible position to artistically mold the life you want. You have available to you a blank canvas with no burdens by your family or any substantial debts attached to it. This is a good sight.

Now regarding further education. It really depends on how you approach it. If you unconsciously (I dont think you will) choose a subject, which you do on a whim just to get by then it is a FUCKING MASSIVE waste of time. Furthermore, you will not really care about the education and work you do. This will start to develop into a shit work ethic and get you involved with the wrong people. Your "social ego" will take forth and fuck everything up. It will massively stunt your growth.

If you consciously choose your subject and are emotionally charged to see it though to the end, I would say it is a good idea. Obviously, the course and place to study at will be very important as well. Yes you will come out with some student loans to pay at the end but it will be worth it. If you strategically work your way through the course. You will get taught by pioneers in the field. Personally this is invaluable. One of my lectures won the Nobel Prize. And can pick their brains and get really insightful stuff on the subject. You would have also people who are focusing on the same goals as you as well. A good place to share ideas (hang around with the aspirants not the people who don't care). 

It can be a good resource or a shit one.

Edited by Huz

@Live Life Liam If I was you I would probably continue with learning. As, the return to learning is very high, and therefore because of this in order to be safe before you hit the road and begin your life purpose try and do some more learning, as there may be some things that you don't yet know that may significantly help you out. So, I would suggest reconfirming what your life purpose is to ensure no years of your life are wasted. But, also take up a course on something that fascinates you, to perhaps challenge your current life purpose. As, you may not know yet, how truly valuable education really is and what it can do for you, although it may seem like a waste of time right now.

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@Live Life Liam May I ask how you've managed to live alone in a flat that age? Kinda what I would dream of doing right now (also 17).

I personally have dropped out of high-school and I currently at least, don't have any thoughts on going back. I'm gonna get a capital for a business either through work or some of the government programs that can help and eventually travel around the world and when I come back I'll get my own place. I also don't see any reason like you on why I should go university or anything such if it has nothing I want to do

10 hours ago, reez said:

@Live Life Liam May I ask how you've managed to live alone in a flat that age? Kinda what I would dream of doing right now (also 17).

I personally have dropped out of high-school and I currently at least, don't have any thoughts on going back. I'm gonna get a capital for a business either through work or some of the government programs that can help and eventually travel around the world and when I come back I'll get my own place. I also don't see any reason like you on why I should go university or anything such if it has nothing I want to do

It's a long story that involved a lot of family issues & homelessness at one point when I was around 15-16. I'll probably mention it sometime on my YouTube channel. 

If you want to move out though it's definitely possible for anyone even teenagers although information like this is usually hidden since it's not culturally acceptable for people this young to be independent so most people don't know it's something that can be achieved. 

First you got to work out the basics of living alone and test if you can manage since it is a lot harder then people think. Once you choose this path almost everything is your responsibility. Not everything if you get help from certain friends, families and agencies but some people aren't as lucky to get that support. Practice this by trying to do everything by yourself without parents help like cleaning, budgeting + finances, work, relationships and everything else.

Another big thing about living alone is that it can put you in spaces where you are more prone to look within yourself. This is why most people always live with someone else there entire life (family, girlfriend/boyfriend, friends) because it's a neat distraction from looking withing and facing the uncomfortable feeling of loneliness. This is something I had to face at first and took the time to uncover a lot of root trauma's that was holding me back.

Once you know your ready then research deeply into this. Certain flat/housing companies take in young people btw so research. I'll give you some more advice and websites and links that can help you out also so message me when you are.