MartinGifford

The Social Matrix was a tour de force, but had issues

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

Survival is not just about the body.

Survival is about identity. Whatever you identify as being, survival is about the perpetuation of that identity. For most people, that includes their individual physical body and their beliefs, actions, habits, general behavior patterns. For some, the circle of identity is more expansive and includes everything in the universe, and they might then place less overall emphasis on the physical body relative to most people.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Survival is about identity. Whatever you identify as being, survival is about the perpetuation of that identity. For most people, that includes their individual physical body and their beliefs, actions, habits, general behavior patterns. For some, the circle of identity is more expansive and includes everything in the universe, and they might then place less overall emphasis on the physical body relative to most people.

Did you even read my post?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

2 hours ago, roopepa said:

Did you even read my post?

I was ageeing with you. Not every response has to be taken as a counterclaim.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/08/2021 at 1:29 AM, roopepa said:

Leo's video is also 'coming from' the social matrix, as are all the books he recommends. And so is this post of yours. If we 'only need to question what's arising within', why did you write this post? What exactly are you trying to do?

Leo, along with the rest of society, was saying that people are bad in various ways. I think that belief is harmful. So I'm questioning that belief.