JustinS

Excessive Yawning During Meditation = Release Of Energy?

7 posts in this topic

Every sit I undergo about 10-15 deep relaxing yawns happen which always results in teary eyes. What is the result of this in terms of energy besides just my mind and body relaxing and surrendering?

@JustinS In over a year of daily meditation I too have always yawned like this. It doesn't seem to change in amount whether I am tired. It is far, far more yawns per hour than the rest of my non-meditating life. The tears are very hard to deal with when they start slooowly dripping down your face in SDS :D

Recently, I have even started burping excessively in meditation. Often a horrendous pressure of needing to burp will start to build up. It usually only goes away once I finish meditating and start walking around.

I have no idea whether this is anything to do with releasing energy. I too am very interested if anyone knows anything on this matter!

@oysterman haha I can relate. I fart, burp, yawn, and cry. Guessing some stuff just need some rest in order for it to come out. 

It feels as though each yawn is taking it a level down in terms of relaxation and being. Sometimes after 5 deep yawns I'm in a new world with new eyes. 

@RossE True, but if this happens in every single sit than one may get curious. 

@JustinS I think that maybe your body is trying to get some more oxygen. Are you breathing deeply? Anyway, let it happen. :)

@Pallero oh why yes, actually breathing deeply is the result of this. I enjoy these yawns as they give me some sort of deep relaxative high, and I'm well attached to them.