epickei

What is this called

4 posts in this topic

When I'm meditating, I have moments where all of a sudden everything feels very far away from me, like my hands feel farther away, almost very far away. Feels very wide and universey if thats a word. It's a pretty common thing for me and it's pretty cool when it happens, feels weird. I realized I focus a lot on my vision and so maybe its me being more aware of my body while still keeping my focus on vision. 

You are probably realizing that distance is a relative thing, your definition of what is considered near or far is flexing. 

I have expirenced something like this well meditating sometimes, usually when I do I can shift it around at will to either feel like things are increasingly far away or close up. It can be a funny thing to do. 

Seems to me like a shifting into a more fluid state of conciousness, if you really pay attention to what is going on when that happens you might be able to develop a kind of intuition where you can relax into a deeper state at will. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

same has happened to me a bunch of times. It's p cool. One time it felt like my head was in my lap. Pretty Surreal.

9 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

same has happened to me a bunch of times. It's p cool. One time it felt like my head was in my lap. Pretty Surreal.

@epickei

wow! Very interesting. I havent experienced this but the closest experience to this was when one time my "solid brain" turned into "waves" (explaining the experience with words as best I can) after which it quickly solidified again and some awesome stuff started happening like fireworks within, hearing songs from within (mainly this one: https://youtu.be/9EHAo6rEuas?t=86 from the time specified) and later a very vivid dream, a dream like never before, I would say more like a vision than a dream. Was speaking with an old friend over a video call... I can't believe this really happened, because it was so surreal and something that probably can't be explained by science (maybe quantum science).

The thing with the songs from within has happened to me before, it is one of the most magical experiences ever! Because the songs are so perfect, they are always better than the original and some words are changed to express something specifically... Its divine really and I wish it happened more often - I also don't know the catalyst and whether it will ever happen again 

Edited by Dodo

Free yourself from attachment; Free yourself from fear; Free yourself from desire; Take deep breaths through the diaphragm and train that muscle; Meditate and meld with reality; Never skip spirit day 🙏 🤲 Don't have enemies, they are you.