Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark96

What Are The Negative Consequences Of Opening The 3rd Eye For Beginners?

13 posts in this topic

I had a stream of great energy that I could barley control after I was meditating on my 3rd eye 

Negative hmm. You might start to mentaly mentaly mastrubate days and days about it and the things you might see. 

Even worse do is attaching beliefs to what you might see.

Its a choice do. Like when you see a realy cool car driving by. 

@Mark96

Tilak (a mark) is applied on the forehead at the spot between the two eyes where the agya chakra, the third-eye chakra, is located. Even with a little meditation this spot gets hot; however, it cools down with the application of sandalwood paste. 

One who meditates on the agya chakra because sandalwood cools that spot. Meditating on the agya chakra, stimulation occurs and heat is created in that area – and it needs cooling down or else it will harm the brain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilaka

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

@Mark96

Tilak (a mark) is applied on the forehead at the spot between the two eyes where the agya chakra, the third-eye chakra, is located. Even with a little meditation this spot gets hot; however, it cools down with the application of sandalwood paste. 

One who meditates on the agya chakra because sandalwood cools that spot. Meditating on the agya chakra, stimulation occurs and heat is created in that area – and it needs cooling down or else it will harm the brain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilaka

Do you literally believe in everything you read and then recite it as "truth"? Can you give a valuable source of that it will burn the brain if you don't cool it down? 

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Do you literally believe in everything you read and then recite it as "truth"? Can you give a valuable source of that it will burn the brain if you don't cool it down? 

In India it is a very common practice to mark forehead with the sandalwood paste. Literature available is in Indian languages. No other country except India and Tibet has not done much work on third eye.

Do you want some scientific study as 'valuable source' ?

Just now, Prabhaker said:

In India it is a very common practice to mark forehead with the sandalwood paste. Literature available is in Indian languages. No other country except India and Tibet has not done much work on third eye.

Do you want some scientific study as 'valuable source' ?

So your advice for people having sensations on their third chakra is to put a paste on it to cool it down, otherwise it will BURN YOUR BRAIN? That is the advice you are putting out there for people wondering what their sensations in that area mean? Just making sure I got this right.

2 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

So your advice for people having sensations on their third chakra is to put a paste on it to cool it down, otherwise it will BURN YOUR BRAIN?

Third eye chakra is sixth chakra, everyone is not capable of opening his third eye and burn his forehead, still if somebody is doing meditation on third eye , there is no harm in cooling forehead.

7 hours ago, Esoteric said:

So your advice for people having sensations on their third chakra is to put a paste on it to cool it down, otherwise it will BURN YOUR BRAIN? That is the advice you are putting out there for people wondering what their sensations in that area mean? Just making sure I got this right.

its best not to take this forum(or anything in life) too seriously.

Question: What is the "third eye"? 

Edited by Pramit

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

What about the intense energy streams i felt guys? Was that some kind of kundalini awakening?

2 hours ago, Mark96 said:

What about the intense energy streams i felt guys? 

Where ? Which part of the body ?

3 hours ago, Pramit said:

Question: What is the "third eye"? 

The third eye is not really a part of the physical body. It has a corresponding spot in the physical body, but it is not part of it. That is why physiology cannot believe that there exists a third eye or anything like it, because your skull can be analyzed, penetrated, x-rayed, and there is no point, no physical entity which can be said to be the third eye. The third eye is part of the subtle body. 

The third eye belongs to the subtle body. When the energy is moving through the physical body, you are looking through the physical eyes. That is why through the physical eyes you cannot look at anything other than the physical, than the material. The two eyes are physical. Through these eyes you cannot look at anything, cannot see anything which is not physical.

Only with the third eye functioning can you enter a different dimension. Now you can see things which are invisible to the physical eyes, but are visible to the subtle eyes. Then, with the third eye functioning, if you look at a person you look at his soul, at his spirit, not at his body - just like you look at the physical body through the physical eyes, but you cannot see the soul. The same happens when you look through the third eye: you look and the body is not there, just the one who resides in the body.

3 hours ago, Pramit said:

its best not to take this forum(or anything in life) too seriously.

This forum is for gamblers, but only the gamblers know what life is. A gambler is very courageous. He's not a businessman. He stakes everything for something which may be there or may not be there. 

48 minutes ago, Mark96 said:

Where ? Which part of the body ?

If i recall correctly it started around my stomach area and proceed tru all my body, but i had control over it . 

Edited by Mark96