MaxQ

Did I break my brain?

4 posts in this topic

This past Sunday I took 1.8g of Treasure Coast magic mushrooms on an empty stomach. Aside from micro-dosing, this was my first time. I did my homework and tried to facilitate as best I could. 
My intention was to have some nice insights, maybe an emotional breakthrough or two. I’m actively seeing a guru, taking psychoanalysis, and meditating on self-inquiry every day. I wanted to use the experience to help my goals of overcoming fear and anxiety and wake up. 

What ended up happening was the goddess of the universe shredded reality and annihilated my consciousness. It was an incredibly overwhelming and uncomfortable experience, but the goddess told me she was working on me. She promised I would be okay. 

It’s been almost a week and I still don’t feel right. I am very out of it, prone to anxiety and I find it hard to comprehend speech when in conversation. I find myself constantly falling asleep no matter how much I slept the night before. 

Is this normal? I’m afraid I somehow did permanent damage to my consciousness. How long will this last?

Feeling very desperate here. 
thanks. 

Depends...

What is normal for you?

It doesn't not make sense that mushrooms would make you fall asleep or not comprehend speech.

Anxiety, sure a bit of anxiety might arise from psychedelic use.

I wouldn't panic over this just yet. Give it another week to stabilize.

Do you have a history of mental illness or disorders?

Psychedelics don't damage consciousness. Especially not at such low doses from a single trip. It sounds like you are just psyching yourself out with negative thinking.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hi Max, no you did not permanently break your brain :)

I've read many stories of symptoms like this, it's basically a lingering anxiety that is circular: one is anxiously awaiting getting back to normal, fearing that he doesn't get back to normal, and it perpetuates itself as long as he keeps waiting to get back to normal.

Counterintuitive solution: learn to live with and fully accept current situation until you calm down. Then one day you'll notice you've been back to normal for a while now.

Everything will be fine?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Tripping changes your consciousness permanently. 

BUT

What you are experiencing is most likely your psyche trying to find back to homeostasis. Takes a while. 

From 2g mushrooms, you almost certainly did not shoot yourself out of here. 

So don´t worry, eat clean, stay healthy, excercise, journal. 
What you should do is take the time to properly integrate what you did experience and not rush back into "normalcy"  

Edit:
Assuming you do not take any medication prior or post tripping such as SSRIs 

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?