Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logan

Fluency DIsorder

5 posts in this topic

I struggle to speak in complete sentences without pausing and forgetting what I'm trying to say. I guess it's a form of stuttering. I've been recording myself on video to practice public speaking and cannot speak more than a couple sentences without losing my train of thought (without reading off a page). I need to overcome this to actualize my life purpose. I have only just looked this issue up and realized that it's a condition and not just me being lazy. It also affects my relationships as I come off as uncertain or shy but I just literally cannot speak fluently. I'm pretty sure It's an emotional problem. Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone who has dealt with it? 
Update: It may be aphasia or some other speech pathology. I’m going to see a speech pathologist.

Edited by Logan

The speech pathologist should really help, good for you going to a professional.

Out of curiosity do you listen to a lot of lectures or podcasts? Sometimes just hearing different people talk a lot to learn new vocabulary and ways of expression can help a lot. It certainty helped me.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Yeah I listen to lots of lectures. Leo’s being one of them obviously lol. I’ll study speakers I admire and see if I can find a way to take their methods and build up my own consciously rather than just passively listening. Thanks

This may be an underlying cause. I'll look into it. The anxiety is very subtle, I only notice that my breathing becomes shallow and my throat becomes tense, along with brain fog.

I’m going to do some somatic breathing cause I think it’s an emotional issue. I’ll do it consistently and see how it works.

Edited by Logan