Consilience

The Law of One on Meditation

5 posts in this topic

"As you look out into what you call outer space, know that within you is the true reality of which outer space is only a picture. Your consciousness, my friends, is an incredible and infinite geography, peopled with an infinity of creatures equipped with the collective wisdom of eons of experience; for, my friends, within some part of your being, some deep and, for the most part, hidden part of your being you have all knowledge, all power, all compassion. It is as they were in files in a room to which you have lost the key.

Do you wish, then, to explore outer space to repair the great damage of your society, or do you indeed think of it as hopeless? Take these attitudes away from the world, my friends, and turn them in to yourself, for you yourself are the great object on which to practice your own wisdom, on which to develop your own understanding. If you can solve those slums which exist within the topography of your consciousness, the slums in your cities will begin to take care of themselves.

You say, “What can one person do?” We say to you: one person can work on one person, but that one person, my friends, is a hologram of all that there is. Your consciousness is all consciousness. Work on it, and you work on your race, your planet—the vibration that speaks for Earth.

We offer you our love and our serenity and encourage you to seek those qualities in meditation. When you are upset, do not blame it upon little things which have occurred in the outer world: blame it on the lack of meditation. When you see your fellow man in a hostile manner, don’t blame it on his actions but on a lack of meditation. Your environment does not have to have any power over you, for all that there is is within you. The environment is only a shadow compared to the power of love within yourself. Meditation can unlock that power."

I follow @the_law_of_one on instagram and this passage came up. Thought it was quite powerful.

If you feel like you aren't getting results with meditation, you probably aren't meditating enough, probably haven't found a good teacher, probably not going on enough retreats, and probably not practicing in the background as you live life. There is a VAST possibility within the natural, sober state, no psychedelics needed. Psychedelics only amplify what is latently possibly within consciousness already. No amount of Neo Advaita arm chair non-duality will change the amount of inner peace, freedom from suffering, and intrinsic, durable, palpable happiness you do or don't feel. Sorry to get preachy. 

It's also paramount to realize that when we do this work on ourselves, when we purify our minds and grow in our level of consciousness, the work is not only for our benefit, but for the benefit of all sentient beings. We are all one. Your mind, your being is reflected back into and out of the world, literally. Very rarely do I interact with even serious meditators who understand the collective significance of this work, never mind those who don't meditate seriously.  

Keep up your daily practice, do yearly retreats, do micro hits, practice in the background!

Thank you for your work, thank you for your practice.

Namaste. 

Such an importance message, thanks for sharing @Consilience :) I do think it can be hard to grasp this when we're labouring under the illusion that we're a separate, tiny fragment in an incomprehensibly vast universe, in that state of mind it's easy to look out into society and see all the problems that seem to exist and feel almost duty-bound to do something to try and fix them, or else become completely hopeless and fatalistic about it all. Focusing on ourselves can seem selfish and irresponsible, and yet I really do believe that our greatest gift to the world is our own awakening; when we act from a conflicted, divided place, we only keep the karmic wheel turning, even if our intentions seem to be good, so resolving that inner conflict is the best thing we can do, it seems to me.

7 hours ago, Consilience said:

No amount of Neo Advaita arm chair non-duality will change the amount of inner peace, freedom from suffering, and intrinsic, durable, palpable happiness you do or don't feel. Sorry to get preachy. 

No need to apologise, it needs to be said.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@genandnic ?

@RickyFitts Completely agree. The incredibly counter intuitive insight is only when all of the world's problems become non-problems can we step into the collective space needed to solve all of the world's problems. Compassion grounded in primordial perfection whose roots spawn from Awakening. In a non-poetic sense, solving our inner conflict creates a space of purification for our immediate environment - our home, our loved ones, all beings around us, the work and focus we give to this life, etc., are all directly and inextricably connected and influenced by our inner landscape. 

i am the vantage point

i am the receptivity, the sensitivity, the perspicacity

i am the HQ, the staging post for the entire unfoldment

@Consilience Nicely said :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan