Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageModeAustin

being vulnerable vs self sabotage?

3 posts in this topic

This instructor talked about how the shadow hates feeling uncomfortable and seeks comfort. I'm wondering if by me being vulnerable to my girlfriend and then -----> feeling uncomfortable/anxious is actually my shadow just seeking comfort? Because my shadow is always wanting to feel anxious about something. The thing is is that feeling UNCOMFORTABLE/ANXIOUS IS COMFORTABLE FOR ME BECAUSE I ALWAYS USUALLY AM FEELING THIS WAY. Is this normal?? I find myself worrying i said too much to my girlfriend in a form of self-sabotage. But at the same time i was being vulnerable? I'm confused please help! THankyou

Also shame hides in the shadows and the way you get shame out is by being vulnerable/putting it into the light
Being vulnerable also benefits others but for some reason i just feel so weird since i did that 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, SageModeAustin said:

is actually my shadow just seeking comfort? 

Yes. Comfort it like you would comfort a child. 

On 7/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, SageModeAustin said:

the way you get shame out is by being vulnerable

Yes but also.. the way out of shame is through it. So feel the shame just as you feel the anxiety– welcome it, comfort it, feel it entirely. 

@SageModeAustin have you tried MDMA with your meditation? It helped me with my CPTSD and all the anxiety that comes with it. It should help you fully accept your shadow and all the things that brought it about. 

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” -Viktor Frankl