Donald

Self Actualization Vs. Working 8+ Hours

2 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone !!! My name is Donald Xhaferri and for the last 6 months I am getting really damn serious about self actualization. I have been meditating like 106 days on a raw for 20 minutes , reading books from Leo's Book list , waking up at 4 :45 , installing good healthy habits and the list could  go on ( not for long ?) . I work in a chain hotel here in the middle east and as you might know it is challenging to keep my "eyes on the price " while dealing with day to day tasks , do's and don't's of a hotel . Situations like being under pressure,  aggressive supervisors , guests and non productive competition and so forth. I feel lucky to have such  obstacles or " traps of unconsciousness " so I can test my self and reflect on my own behaviour ,but Will it take to long before I give up? 

Can self actualization be "defeated" by a lifestyle wich is not allowing self growth ?  

Thank you ,

Thanks for sharing man. It seems like you have allot on your plate. I can relate in a way between juggling school, working full time, and self actualization. My quick advice is to meditate for longer. Join Eckhart Tolle's website where he guided you through hour long meditations. Getting deeper into meditations and shifts of consciousness is a must.