Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon L

Thinking about leaving my job...

3 posts in this topic

I thought I'd share my thoughts on me thinking about leaving my job to be self employed. Currently I work at Frys which is a kroger store native to my state. I work in the pickup department which is basically me going around shopping for peoples groceries.

I have to say that my job is pretty easy and I enjoy it, but sometimes i have to go in at 2am or 4am which can be exhausting at times, for the most part I work mostly in the afternoons, but the constant shifting of the am and afternoon shifts I don't like.

I roughly get 20 to 30 hours which isn't that bad and it pays my Bills. I also live a very minimalist lifestyle which helps. I've been looking into doing instacart which is essentially the same thing as what I do at my job, but you deliver the groceries, if I do instacart I'd be self employed and I'd be making alot more money compared to what I make at my job.

I saw that you can make around $100/$200 a day doing it. If I did that for only three days I'd have around $300/$600 which is pretty insane and it's a hell of alot of a better deal than my hours at my work; plus I would have alot more days off and time for myself to work on my purpose.

The only thing is the insurance. My work has insurance but if I were to quit I'd be on my own insurance, how much would it cost to buy health insurance and would it be worth it?

You’d need to google it, gets quote or something and use a calculator. We don’t know what it would cost you.

Keep working toward that LP, man.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com