Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

What are the struggles of an unemployed young male?

8 posts in this topic

I had been thinking about the struggles that men face in this world when it comes to making money and employment. It must be so tough especially if as a young man, you have a family to feed or a provider role, or wanting to start a family.

Not having a job or proper direction or a steady source of income must be a nightmare for a young man in this brutal World.

I'm mentally trying to grasp the struggles of young men who are struggling to get work or decent continuous incomes. How does this impact their self worth and social perspectives ?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It's good. More wounds more you learn. 

4 hours ago, Virgo said:

It's good. More wounds more you learn. 

. I think men should be given space to open up about their wounds.

Do you think it's justifiable for men to go through challenges and tragic situations in life ?

Or does it cause more harm than good to men ?

There are countries that have systems in place that set you up for good from a young age. There are other countries that if you are poor and not have the family's support you are basically doomed. At the very best you will barely survive. I was born in such a country. I lived it. You are totally capable and society throws you in the trash. You feel like garbage. You need to humiliate yourself to eat. Even if you are a hard worker with 0 support behind you, you could be working 7/7 10 hours and barely survive. The bosses know how much power they have and behave like slave masters. They abuse their workers and pay close to nothing if they pay at all.  You know there is a problem and how big it is when for a stupid job show up 40 people. There are jobs but if you are poor long enough you are not good enough for them. After all 100 people wait in line. 

Then there are the other countries. These countries won't let you die. They have good systems in place and if you really want to work you will. With no skills you will earn minimum wage which is 3-4 times of course higher. Still not enough in many cases but you will not die. The thing is they can let you work to death and they often do. The last 5 years. At least 3 people i knew their faces died from heart attack at age 50 at work. Your life is your work. You can afford more stuff and food but you are a slave. Those that have the highest possitions in big companies are workaholics alcoholics. Of course you also have the chance to have an education and if you do you can find something comfortable. 

I hate both alternatives. I was hungry in the past but also worked myself to sickness. 

@BlackMaze what was the psychological impact of all these struggles on your mind ?

When you can't afford literally nothing feeling like garbage describes it perfectly. You need to suck it up and work with the worst conditions and pay, often with really stupid employers. IF you are lucky enough to find something. You just hate your life. 

When you have a good income after this you appreciate it. You work harder than locals because you suddenly earn alot more than what you thought is possible. You may earn more but most of the time toxic managers and colleagues will suck your blood. If you learn something like i did spending 4 years you will pay it with your health. I can get a good salary and go at better companies but honestly i am not sure if it was worth it. Studying was of course never a possibility for me even though i am perfectly capable to study. Maybe i am too negative about this i should be more grateful. I am just sick of everything. 

@BlackMaze I appreciate your effort in opening up and sharing your struggles.

@Preety_India thank you. No problem. After all i always did the best i could with what i had. Luck is very real in some things. Also i was still better of than the majority of humans. I don't even have the right to complain. I'm sure that in India there are situations 1000 times worse for many people. 

Edited by BlackMaze