meta_male

Is it possible to access last night's dream reality?

7 posts in this topic

In my mind I compare physical death to death in the dream world. I've died many times in my dreams, got shot, chopped up, fell down cliffs etc.

Each time the movie continued inside this waking state or in another dream.

Is it possible to know what's shown when this body dies? Will I wake up in another reality? In the same waking state but in a different timeline? Would I ever remember having been here or coming back and visiting my loved ones? It doesn't seem to work for the dream world. Or does it?

What are your thoughts on this?

Imagine a room with at thousand TVs all playing different movies, when one TV fails, that's it, all the other TVs keep playing their movie.

Its not like that TV's movie will transfer into another TV. Truth is now, not tomorrow or yesterday.

3 hours ago, meta_male said:

@Mafortu Other TVs being infinite potential?

Sure

My point is you don't have to worry about where you will go next. The tv malfunctioned, its film stopped, the room still has 999 movies playing.

You are not the film, you are not the TV, you are the room.

When you truly grasp this you will no longer ask "What film is next for me", because the "me" is a lie.

If the dream is structured around the idea meat bag = you, the plot collapse after its disappearance. You would need to reconstruct the dream from scratch with another basis.

I'm not saying it's impossible.

Edited by nuwu

7 hours ago, nuwu said:

If the dream is structured around the idea meat bag = you, the plot collapse after its disappearance. You would need to reconstruct the dream from scratch with another basis.

I'm not saying it's impossible.

@nuwu What do you mean?

@meta_male I have no idea what are the driving principles behind reality but my guess is, when you get attached to  "something", the "thing" is also the whole environment that makes the distinction possible.