Aquarius

My Self-Actualization / Daily Progress Journal

7 posts in this topic

The big picture of self-actualization, understanding the fundamentals and the key insights for a good life. I will be re-watching this episode a few times, just as the others when I get to them. I really want to understand this properly. Below are my key take-aways from that video...

https://www.actualized.org/articles/the-big-picture-of-self-actualization

Key ideas:

✨ It all starts with a deep need for growth in you. You sense there is something more to it, or you suffer with your current results. 

✨ You take a 100% responsibility for your life. Everything is created by you and reflects your thoughts, emotions, actions. 

✨ You discriminate reality from appearances: Understanding how reality actually works.

✨ Epistemic and metaphysical questioning - what is the very fabric and structure of reality, myself, other people, life, etc., what it means to know things?

✨Traps. Religions, cults, etc. 

✨ Glimpse of the Absolute / Truth / God. Have transcendence penetrate in your whole experience. 

✨ Growth - raising the quality of your consciousness. 

✨ Unconditional Love towards everything and all beings. Self-Love: accepting yourself totally and unconditionally, no matter of outside circumstances. 

✨ Detachment: you will be detaching yourself from all experience, all thoughts, emotions, and actions. Being vs Doing / Having. 

✨ Observation. Precise, careful, steady observation of everything, especially yourself. Watch out for self-agenda, self-deception, egoistic manipulation.

✨ Mindfulness. Meditation. Self-Inquiry. Direct experience. -- over years and decades.

✨ Undermining selfish impulses, becoming aware of lower consciousness needs and desires.

✨ Honesty with others and yourself. How you deceive, lie, manipulate, desires, excuses..

✨ Surrendering control, giving up manipulation. 

✨ Facing hard truths, boredom, emptiness, your death. 

✨ Identifying fear barriers, defense mechanisms, where you are stuck, fear about money, relationships, life in general. 

✨ Raising the quality of your motivations and desires. Most of the stuff you chase are programmed into you by society. Motivation for stimulation is toxic. 

✨ Becoming a creator, life purpose, career, being an "artist"

✨ Reconciling evil, suffering and ignorance. Most people misunderstand these things but brutal self-honesty will show you that you're the evil one! Understand what suffering and evil is. 

✨ Understand everything at Big-Picture level, holistic understanding

✨ From left brain to right brain thinking. 

✨ Sattvic lifestyle / vs intoxicated lifestyle, Become addiction-free, toxicity-free

✨ Overcoming childhood- and school-programming

✨ Non-manipulative relating

✨ You'll become very strategic, decisive, proactive and visionary

✨ Deep recognition in you that this takes serious work, as it won't happen suddenly and accidentally. 

✨ Set up the right environment that helps you achieve these things

✨ The "human-machine" is already well understood, society and culture doesn't inform you well about its workings, it intoxicates you.

I will start working on these, I will have to plan and research it through though.

59 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

Check out this link as well https://www.actualized.org/blueprint

Sure thing, thanks! :) 

Some article I read today..

https://www.inc.com/john-rampton/15-ways-to-become-a-better-person.html

What I learned:

✨ I should listen to my loved ones more often, especially family and close friends. Accord them time to open up or just chat in general

✨ when angry, start managing my thoughts, remove myself from the situation and write down what I feel, meditate on the emotion, observe myself

✨ forgive, give thanks for my suffering, let go of negative emotions towards a person

✨ be more honest of what I think about something when in a conversation, always directly telling what I think instead of just agreeing blindly

✨ start volunteering and gifting away goods

✨ create healthy boundaries

✨ open to change, travel, go outside more, try new things, visit museums..

✨ give away gifts, go out with friends, surprise them with a coffee, drink or snack in town

These are the habits I want to give a chance to. ^^

A cool site I will take time to explore:  https://www.beingbetterhumans.com

Edited by Aquarius

I noticed some progress on myself yesterday.. I was arguing with my mom and I was very direct and honest about my feelings. I did tell her I was angry, while usually I just brush it off and keep it for myself. But no, this time I was honest. It might've sounded bad, but at least I didn't hide my feelings anymore. It felt good to express myself without hiding anything. 

Today I was exploring podcasts just to gain more knowledge and clarity about various topics, modern culture and entertainment. I find that I come across many inspiring ideas that I want to implement on my own life too. 

I have a need to grow myself in communication. I feel like I isolated myself a lot. My agoraphobia doesn't really help me. 

I am scared to cross the street, I am scared even of open windows, I keep isolating myself from going to the store or taking out the garbage. I just feel a bit off.. I stopped talking to my friends as well. I'm completely alone, searching for a way out. 

In other news, today I went outside and I just decided to ignore the anxiety. I bought some skin-care products as well, which makes me happy to care for myself. I think as a woman I need to care more for my beauty than I usually do... Might have to start a daily and nightly routine for skincare and haircare etc etc etc...

Today was a decent day. I did me some overall beauty glo-up.. I feel like I should do these glo-ups more often, even if not in a daily basis..

Then I worked on my art. It turned out a disaster.. :( couldn't draw anything decent.

I was researching handmade objects. I want to open an online shop for my future works.. :)