tatsumaru

Phobia of people who don't care about improvement

34 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Would be a life purpose from a negative motivation.

All I hear is a motivation to reduce the suffering of unconscious people. How is that a negative motivation? 

2 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

What is obvious is, that @tatsumaru is not satisfied with himself and projects his dissatisfaction on other people. If someone would be really compassionate, the person would not react in that way. Most of all, react that emotionally. It is not a call to Hero's Journey per se, but more a call for alignment.

I'll let OP answer that question, to me it seems like this emotion could be channelled into a powerful purpose, seen it happen before. Hero's journey could be a call for greater alignment

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 minute ago, tatsumaru said:

This is a very narrow reasoning. Go check out Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Do you really think that people who live in third world countries and don't even have access to water suddenly become profoundly happy when someone gives them a glass of water? Certainly there's some relief, but survival isn't enough for people. They might be grateful for a while that they have running water when they install the new plumbing but living without purpose is hell regardless of your level of comfort and JUST BECAUSE you can increase that hell further by even subtracting the most basic needs doesn't change that fact.

Nope it is not narrow.

You want to explain an emotional subject on an intellectual reasoning-based level. This of course, is narrow.

If you experience real suffering, you know how valuable health and stability is and how selfish you are to put these things down. You take it for granted and you want to have more and more. This is ok, but obviously it doesn't come from a grateful but more like from a attached place.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Just now, IAmReallyImportant said:

Nope it is not narrow.

You want to explain an emotional subject on an intellectual reasoning-based level. This of course, is narrow.

If you experience real suffering, you know how valuable health and stability is and how selfish you are to put these things down. You take it for granted and you want to have more and more. This is ok, but obviously it doesn't come from a grateful but more like from a attached place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

2 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

All I hear is a motivation to reduce the suffering of unconscious people. How is that a negative motivation? 

It is of course a motivation, but a negative one as it comes from negative emotions and a negative attitude. And moreover, it is not really an inspiration but motivation. As a wise man said "motivation is avoiding an outcome, inspiration means in-spirit".

Left means not right

6 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Lol, I don't see this as a debate like you maybe do.

I personally don't want to engage in a "who-is-right" discussion. For me, you want to deflect with not that convincing or smart arguments. You can do, but this shows that you want to defend something. Obivously, it is hard for you to understand the simple concept of seeing how precious life is no matter what. And that relative thinking doesn't make it better. It was about to be grateful for the people around you and seeing the potential instead of the flaws.

You feel the discord by thinking about the imperfection of life. That is all. That is your suffering.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

Just now, IAmReallyImportant said:

Lol, I don't see this as a debate like you maybe do.

I personally don't want to engage in a "who-is-right" discussion. For me, you want to deflect with not that convincing or smart arguments. You can do, but this shows that you want to defend something. Obivously, it is hard for you to understand the simple concept of seeing how precious life is no matter what. And that relative thinking doesn't make it better. It was about to be grateful for the people around you and seeing the potential instead of the flaws.

Then don't claim that I've said things like 'health isn't important' when I haven't. Does Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs which I referred you to claim that Health isn't important or that it is of less importance than Self-Actualization. What I said was ' Survival alone isn't enough ', if you interpret that as 'Health isn't important' then I honestly wouldn't know how to communicate with you.

9 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Then don't claim that I've said things like 'health isn't important' when I haven't.

I haven't said that you have said this. Neither I have written this. This is obviously a projection.

You haven't understood what real suffering means and what suffering is. There are two different things between "health is important" and being grateful for being healthy and having healthy people around you.

If a friend of yours almost died, you would just be happy that he is alive. And you would not doubt anything about him. Not even the way of living. You wouldn't even think about something like self-improvement, but just be happy that everyone is doing well.
If someone asks you for help, then you can help. Otherwise, it's not anyone's business to intervene.

It is also hard for me to communicate this, maybe I don't do it right. But is has to do with respect for other people and for the life in general. And at a certain point you somehow see that everything is always good as it is..

Left means not right

19 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

If you experience real suffering, you know how valuable health and stability is and how selfish you are to put these things down.

^ Here.
I am sorry for the suffering you've experienced. If you are completely satisfied by health, stability  and your friend not dying then that's fine. Apparently you consider self-improvement and purpose a luxury which means that you have more pressing problems right now. If your primary need is to survive right now certainly that's to be prioritized. When you figure basic survival out you will know what I mean by 'Survival isn't enough'. Good luck :)

11 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

^ Here.
I am sorry for the suffering you've experienced. If you are completely satisfied by health, stability  and your friend not dying then that's fine. Apparently you consider self-improvement and purpose a luxury which means that you have more pressing problems right now. If your primary need is to survive right now certainly that's to be prioritized. When you figure basic survival out you will know what I mean by 'Survival isn't enough'. Good luck :)

Nope I haven't such problems right now. My primary need is not to survive, I have university degrees and a well paid job at a cutting edge tech-startup.

You obviously have problems with other people and you are honestly somehow diverged from reality. As you don't recognize all the suffering comes from yourself and it has nothing to do with "other people". You imagine those people and don't recognize how everything is interconnected and everybody is on the right place right now. And you don't see how good life is, instead you see the flaws.

Left means not right

It is really like I have a conversation with a little child.

You draw reactive and fast conclusions without evidence. You lack of humility, life experience, self-estimation etc. . And your problem is not complicated, it is obvious.

Left means not right

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

It is really like I have a conversation with a little child.

You draw reactive and fast conclusions without evidence. You lack of humility, life experience, self-estimation etc. . And your problem is not complicated, it is obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Lol you are funny. This isn't an argument as you don't know how I derive my conclusions and in addition I also

"..rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself"
I tried to help you and not debate. And also I previously addressed your argument.

What I trying to communicate to you my friend, is that the conversation with you becomes silly and that I don't want to proceed.

Left means not right

Obviously, you are one of those who overestimate yourself and sooner or later fall on your face.

I'm sorry for you, but I still wish you only the best :)

Left means not right

13 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Obviously, you are one of those who overestimate yourself and sooner or later fall on your face.

I'm sorry for you, but I still wish you only the best :)

Thank you good sir, you've been very helpful.