Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kshantivadin

Starting a Stage Green, Conscious Business

4 posts in this topic

I'm gonna need your help on here.

I've searched through the forums and haven't found any resources for this question.

I don't have that much knowledge pertaining to business, marketing etc. I would love to start a discussion on said topic or even brainstorm with you what a Green business really means and entails. If you have any resources to share, please do.

I want to start a business that is visionary, that is benefitting society, pushing it towards greater consciousness and  promoting my deepest values. I consider myself at least 75% into Stage Green.

I have some interesting insights on this topic, since I've been brainstorming on this for the past few days : Green people will actually give you so much more support if you stand for a cause they believe in (their identities are so much more intertwined with some ideals and their egos still strong which give them way more emotional energy to support causes) in turn making the "business" (at this point the term is misleading) flourish way easier than an Orange one.

that's one nugget, I got some more, lets get the discussion rolling. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts, and please share some resources (videos, books) about this because I'm practically clueless. 

Edited by Kshantivadin

If I wanted to pander to stage green people, the big thing to focus on is social responsibility.

Green people love to feel like they're helping to fight climate change or provide fair wages to some worker in a 3rd world country when they're buying coffee. They wanna virtue signal on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram. Stuff like the latest obscure health superfoods. They love people using pronouns, promoting diversity, supporting BLM and LGBT rights. They have their own woo-woo language you'll have to identify and start using yourself to virtue signal to them as well.

If you're selling a physical product, it should be organic, handmade, ethically sourced. If you've got some kind of digital-only product or a service, you'll need to virtue signal by marking your prices up by at least an additional 5 - 10% and then donating that extra percent to charity for them. If the product isn't environmentally-friendly to produce then you should offset that with some action.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco Thanks for the great insights. 

My emerging green friend recently turned vegan so I'm catching up on the lingo and soaking in the culture.

I guess I could "pander" to Greens as a way of bootstrapping the business, but the goal form of the business would be to turn into a brand-cause. In the meantime, it would make the Green clients aware of their Green patterns. I wouldn't consider this pandering as a way of exploitation, change my mind if you think it is, since my business would actually fight for some of the above-mentioned causes. I have no motives in exploiting people for personal profit, even though I haven't achieved financial independence. Profit would either go into realising my vision or into charity.  I'm not going to market up prices. 5-10% would go off from the original price.

I have come to the conclusion that business shouldn't even be profit-based, and that counter-intuitively it will profit because of that. If you contribute, naturally people will want to contribute to you as well. 

Edited by Kshantivadin

Green-Tec

solar-panel drones,
solutions based on hydrogen engines,
reusability,
reduction of food waste,
cheaper organic food using novel plant breeding methods and in general approaches

etc.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right