Gabith

Minimalism

3 posts in this topic

Hi my friends, can we share our minimalist tips here ?

I've introduced minimalism in my life a year ago, I would like to discover new tips to live with less

Travelling a lot and/or constantly moving out is a nice trick to force minimalism to happen

Minimalism is about honoring your own preferences and needs, not overly consuming but making space in our lives for what’s beyond the material. It’s a self discovery journey actually, because there’s no recipe, right or wrong. It is you who have to contemplate on what’s important for yourself and what’s not. So I’m very devoted to it.

I read in “Good Bye Things” to treat every object like roommate that does not pay rent, but takes up space. For me it’s a nice perspective that I apply as much as I can.
Recently I’ve also reduced my closet to three colors, white, black and brown/beige. Everything else I donated. This saves me a lot of time and worry, because everything matches and I only kept pieces that I like. It’s liberating.
Also, something that I’ve been doing that is helpful is tracking my expenses with an app. This way I can have a clear look on what I spend money the most and try to change some habits there. The app I use is called Buddy, if anyone interested :)