Dodo

Made in the image of God

5 posts in this topic

Suppose we investigate these words from a deeper perspective. 

Many see this and assume, well my image is human body so God must be human or human like etc.

Others perhaps reach the assumption that they are the mind, their image self is mind and therefore then God must be mind.

But us here have a deeper understanding of Self through enquiry and other practices. The image we "get" of our self is no self or clear now awareness. 

What if what we're being as our Self is still not God. It could still be just an image of it only, but those here who are "God realised" perhaps have an assumption that their image of nothingness/God is the true nothingness /God, when it is only an one of many images of infinity. 

Thoughts? If you believe this is just mental masturbation, skip. I am inviting experiential investigation and deeper contemplation of this. 

If you are made in the image of God and see your true Image, you see God. Sure! But maybe the God this image is of, would find it arrogant and disrespectful for one image to claim it is the All itself. 

As in, you may be infinity, but there is one Absolute out of which the image of many infinities come. 

There are infinity sets smaller than others which is provable through mathematics. 

There are more numbers between 1 and 10 than there are between 1 and 5, but they are both infinitely many.

You might be infinity in actuality, but are you the Absolute?  My take is no, but i am open to discussion

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo This is a fascinating realization, your conclusion makes sense to me. Would like to see people discuss this post more. 

A human being is one way God expresses Itself, I think. There are many other ways: as a rock, as the color purple, as Leo Gura, as a tree, as the world record of heavy lifting, as a psychedelic etc. 

All these are AVATARS. God, materialized.

When you awaken, you tap into The Absolute. For how long? Depends. Could be 12 hrs, 6 weeks, 45 years, 10 million centuries, 10^70 Quantum Loops or more.

Image of God, as having godlike qualities: Love, Compassion, Wisdom.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

34 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

A human being is one way God expresses Itself, I think. There are many other ways: as a rock, as the color purple, as Leo Gura, as a tree, as the world record of heavy lifting, as a psychedelic etc. 

All these are AVATARS. God, materialized.

When you awaken, you tap into The Absolute. For how long? Depends. Could be 12 hrs, 6 weeks, 45 years, 10 million centuries, 10^70 Quantum Loops or more.

Image of God, as having godlike qualities: Love, Compassion, Wisdom.

But you talk with certainty as if we know what God does or is. It might be an assumption if we are radically honest with our self? As I said, what if what you tapped into is your own self infinity, which is still not the Absolute?

This is an extremely radical claim, to know how God works. Even I have done in the past this mistake. I do not look at past though, that's one truth that is helping me in this investigation. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo Humility is key, then. I speak with certainty only about my experiences.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.