The Monk

Gym Habit?

8 posts in this topic

My higher self initially wants to become healthier, as it knows I'm just simply killing myself, when I eat fast food now I get no satisfaction, and now to lose the weight I've gained I want to go to the gym, but do I need a gym membership or can I just do it at home? I know there are advantages of both, however I believe that if I was to do it at home it would allow myself to grow, as well as the fact that I'm scared as I think people would record me and embarrass me, additionally, I I think that if I do it at home if I get fit I will have a greater sense of satisfaction, as it requires more emotional labour. 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@Aamir King why so much fear? investigate it. solve it. ask yourself why you feel it.

"i'm scared of going to the gym"

"why am i scared of going to the gym?"

"because i'm scared that people will record me and embarrass me"

"why would that make me feel bad?"

etc...

always question your lack of self love. investigate and see for yourself if you can find a solid reason not to do things you want to do. you have to do the work.

"sit down, shut up and ask yourself what's true until you know it" (jed fucking genius mckena)

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Which of his enlightenment books is this from?

17 hours ago, Aamir King said:

My higher self initially wants to become healthier, as it knows I'm just simply killing myself, when I eat fast food now I get no satisfaction, and now to lose the weight I've gained I want to go to the gym, but do I need a gym membership or can I just do it at home? I know there are advantages of both, however I believe that if I was to do it at home it would allow myself to grow, as well as the fact that I'm scared as I think people would record me and embarrass me, additionally, I I think that if I do it at home if I get fit I will have a greater sense of satisfaction, as it requires more emotional labour. 

I'd recommend doing it at home if you are so anxious of the alternative. Personally I see no benefit in using a gym but that depends on your goals. If you buy weights, barbell and dumbbells, pull up bar and skipping rope (maybe) then that's really all you need if your creative enough with your exercises. It's not the equipment that counts but how you use them of course. In theory you could meet any fitness goal with no equipment amd go all natural with body weight exercises and stuff in your house to use.

It's all variable based on your goals. Last thing I will say though is maybe you need to work on the fears you have about working out around others but other than that it's fine.

On 04/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, Aamir King said:

@ajasatya Which of his enlightenment books is this from?

his first one

unborn Truth

@ajasatya in the book list right? 

Im just gonna say that you should probably face your fear of going to the gym. Go there and try it. Otherwise I personally don't know which one is better but I prefer a mix of both.