Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PBen534

How do you add randomness into your life?

4 posts in this topic

I know randomness is implicit but sometimes we want to control every aspect of our lives, which is impossible and often leads us into frustrations. 

So I heard the recommendation to act - sometimes- without knowing the result and I'm trying to implement this into my life. For example, calling a friend randomly and asking about book-series recommendations and why. 

Today I decided to take some wine and coffee before work and worked well. 

It would be nice to hear your examples, visions, or advice about this topic 

(:  

This is something I've been thinking a lot about recently as well. I've just recently moved out of my parents house into my own place, and as the freedom is sinking in, the desire to be more random and spontaneous is as well.

To me, going on random walks at any time of day or night is good, especially on Friday/Saturday nights when just by walking around the town where I live you can encounter all sorts of interesting people. It is one of my strategies for starting to deal with my general social ineptitude in a gradual way while clubs are still shut, because the people I encounter will often do the initiating.

I happen to be lucky in this sense, where I live random people will often interact with you on the street out of nowhere, especially if they're drunk lol

@something_else Nice, going outside and see what happens could give you unexpected experiences. I'll try that this week, but in my country people are distrustful and not too friendly with strangers. Enjoy yours! (: 

Ime; I simply have to say yes to it when it comes knocking on my door.

I had the idea of consciously choosing to do something random every day.. But then I realized; that kinda already happens on its own - to various degrees.

Right now; I am at a point where too much randomness would affect my process negatively. But in the future; I'm looking forward to saying yes to it and 'getting lost' in it more often. It's fun.