tatsumaru

Is there such a thing as systems feeling?

3 posts in this topic

I was contemplating the notion of systems thinking while watching a symphony conductor do his job and suddenly I started wondering if what he does is actually thinking or feeling. I mean its definitely not too rational and yet he's managing quite a complicated system so I am wondering if there is such a thing like systems feeling as opposed to systems thinking. Wouldn't it make sense for something like systems feeling to exist on which feeler types (myers briggs) to rely on more than systems thinking?

The symphony conductor is both feeling and thinking. There are rational, linear aspects to the song such as timing, transitions and other constants, while the dynamics or articulation is more often felt as their plane is not exactly linear. 

So, yes, you’re on to something and I hope this will all help you visualize a new relationship with systems; they can be felt or rationalized.

People more inclined to feel systems may respond more liberally, to reactions and effects within a system, as they come, whereas more logic based thinkers often model solutions to the effects from the system.

Feelers are often more flexible to systems but more unorthodox.

Thinkers often remain consistent and to the point but may have a harder time managing the more ‘airy fairy if buts or ands’ of the system.

So, yes, there’s systems feeling and thinking.

Obviously both are important.

Edited by mw711

You can't really feel rationally or logically. Closest you get to that is like, conducting or observing or learning about your feelings using systems thinking.

A better name of 'Systems Feeling" would be just "Living from the heart". In which you feel various systems of life, which you distinguished using your systems thinking skill. That way you distinguish between how your heart feels about something vs. how your head thinks about it. Then you can merge them together later on,