Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Seems God is also in the terryfing experience of sleep paralysis

8 posts in this topic

I just woke up from one of my most terrifying sleep paralysis experience, which happened after a bad trip dream (just to make things more fun might have thought my brain).

The level of self-awareness I reached on this sleep paralysis was way, way, way, beyond anything I had experienced yet.

Basically I couldn't move but I was conscious (honestly I DON'T KNOW anymore if I do get true sleep paralysis or I DREAM THEM. In anyway I basically think it's the same or there is not much difference).

So yeah, I couldn't move and I was conscious. I basically was this absolute nothingness in an empty black void space, and I was absolutely conscious. There was NO EGO. I could just focus on the breathing. And I actually I wondered if I was going to die of respiratory supression in that moment right there (because the sleep paralysis it just completely vanishes your sense of body, it gives you this feeling, like the breathing is your only "anchor" you better not lose it).

So I focus on the breathing and surrender. I couldn't do anything else. Thankfully after some "seconds" it passed. 

Fuck that was intense.

That was God? 

Why that was SO SCARY? There wasn't NO hallucinations whatsoever. It was just pure raw Consciousness with No ego, yet this was a level of being aware so Intense and radical it went beyond the typical peaceful of meditation to basically terryfing of so real this nothingness was.

If it was 'SO SCARY' it wasn't 'God'. You were still in the domain of experience and self.

I have diagnosed narcolepsy. I went 3 years of procrastinating on going to sleep because the astral projections and demons were so damn terrifying. Like petrifying fear. I got over it. When I identified with the body, the astral projections were forced and agonizingly painful... Now that the identification has fallen away, there is no pain in astral projection. This seems to be the result of 24/7 contemplation of the truth of reality and being, for about 4 years straight. Maybe 5. And I really do mean 24/7 -- in dreams as well. Not in deep sleep, but it seems that is now a looming interesting possibility.

6 minutes ago, Batman said:

If it was 'SO SCARY' it wasn't 'God'. You were still in the domain of experience and self.

God has a wide range of states.

Being raped is ALSO GOD yet it fucking sucks.

The motto of "if it's God it must be loving and peaceful" it's so ridiculous and hunky dory thinking lmao.

I'm telling you...I couldn't think!!! Just pure fear!

Fear is a function of mind, serving the survival of particular self. You claim that you couldn't think, but miss the fact that fear is based on thought (although, a rather automatic and fast enough that we fail to notice that we create the fear using our mind).

'God' is not any state, experience or awareness (nor is it separate from them). Being raped is not 'God'. It is an experience, a manifestation or expression of 'God', and this is why it is not separate from it, but not what God is.

Don't mistake an experience of sleep paralysis with Consciousness. Maybe you were cut off from some functions of mind, mainly those relating to operate the body. But it seems that you had perceptual experience, which was also interpreted and produced emotion in accordance with the circumstances. As such, a sleep paralysis experience may reveal some aspects of mind and bring about some insight.

11 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

God has a wide range of states.

Being raped is ALSO GOD yet it fucking sucks.

The motto of "if it's God it must be loving and peaceful" it's so ridiculous and hunky dory thinking lmao.

I'm telling you...I couldn't think!!! Just pure fear!

:x

When spiritual investigation takes off and kinda just seems to happen 24/7, dreams can be really intense. You might even try sleep deprivation as a practice -- not regularly, but just to try it out. Some of my deepest revelations were under the influence of sleep deprivation (alongside intense contemplation). Just maybe something to try, or not.

26 minutes ago, The0Self said:

:x

When spiritual investigation takes off and kinda just seems to happen 24/7, dreams can be really intense. You might even try sleep deprivation as a practice -- not regularly, but just to try it out. Some of my deepest revelations were under the influence of sleep deprivation (alongside intense contemplation). Just maybe something to try, or not.

Of course! ? I' don't even have to try it my fucking night shift job already puts me some kind of sleep deprivation almost every day Lol.

(But I guess you mean more sleep deprivation than just sleeping some hours less than usual)

Anyways even sleeping the whole 8 hour stuff it's not the same rest sleeping it through day light so...

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Of course! ? I' don't even have to try it my fucking night shift job already puts me some kind of sleep deprivation almost every day Lol.

(But I guess you mean more sleep deprivation than just sleeping some hours less than usual)

Anyways even sleeping the whole 8 hour stuff it's not the same rest sleeping it through day light so...

I don't mean anything too radical, but yeah, like completely skipping just a full night or 2 of sleep and contemplating instead. For instance, limiting sleep to 4 hours a night for a week or so is not enough sleep deprivation to provide desirable effects, ime. In fact, you may notice that the more conscious you become (which will at first manifest as detachment), the closer to 4 hours per night you'll feel is actually alright.

Less than 4h/night seems to be deleterious to health with pretty much no exceptions. But skipping a night (or preferably 2) once in a blue moon certainly can provide the positive contemplative benefits of sleep deprivation, ime.