Preety_India

Are carbs healthy?

5 posts in this topic

How should you know how much you need to take? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India carbs should be the staple of your diet unless you are following a ketogenic, carnivore or any form of elimination diet. They should make around 50% of your caloric content. Really good breakdown by @dflores321 , basically as he said you want to make sure your carbs come from complex ones that are high in fibre so that your microbiome is also supported. 

I wouldn't bother tracking or calorie counting or any of that just make sure all your meals have a decent carb portion and if the food give you brain fog it is likely you used too many simple carbs,. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Thanks Michael. I heard somewhere that the pure carbs can cause holes in the intestine or gut because they contain gluten ?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I heard somewhere that the pure carbs can cause holes in the intestine or gut because they contain gluten ?

I think you mean something called "leaky gut syndrome?"  No, that one is very complex and pure carbohydrates (glucose or fructose) do not do that. Pure gluten such as seitan may but this condition is usually driven by intestinal inflammation, alcohol, toxicity, toxic bacteria in the gut, tobacco, excessive use of antibiotics and things like that. Carbs won't do that to you don't worry :)

That being said some people have a condition called coeliac disease and for them gluten in certain carbohydrates can make them pretty messed up even causing leaky gut so yah in that sense it is technically possible 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus