goldpower123

Becoming a conscious strategic slave.

4 posts in this topic

Tomorrow I start a new 9-5!

Time to dumb down and play stupid for the masters. 

Time to be fake.

Time to play their game but skew it to my benefit where I can. I'm fully aware these bastards have not got my best interests in mind!

I despise corporate rule over my freedom, but I also am a young fella that needs to survive. Welp, wish me luck

Krasava, bro! Good luck here! ;)

Edited by Hello from Russia

Don't go into a new job with this attitude. Even if you're "playing nice", the level of bitterness and condescension that you feel for them is going to come through in subtle things like body language, how you talk, etc. People won't be able to pinpoint why, but they'll intuitively feel that you're a douche.

Can you see how full of ego the statements that you've made are?

Why are you making such assumptions that people you've never met are bastards that don't have your best interest in mind? You're being an asshole to an imaginary story in your mind already. Working yourself up about what a terrible situation it's going to be, and actively seeking out the worst in people from the start.

Maybe your manager will be a really high-consciousness person. Even if not, most people are just in survival and not actively out to **** and exploit you.

If you go in with this attitude, that's what you're going to attract. Instead try being humble and giving every new person you meet the benefit of the doubt for at least a couple days. It's a fresh slate, why are you already bearing grudges against strangers?

Try to find something you can learn from these people. Not in a smarmy "I learned what not to do" way, but genuine wisdom that you can take away from average people. Try to improve the workplace and make it more high-consciousness. Somebody has got to start somewhere.

Edited by Yarco