Pallero

"you Think Too Much."

23 posts in this topic

I am not saying thinking too much is a bad thing and myself used to be told that too often, but know that you must have some work to do on that. You can be spontaneous and achieve the same results as one overthinking all the time. In fact, I recommend being spontaneous without even thinking; at first you might come up as stupid or even tell to yourself:"wtf am I doing?" Good! you get exposed to different situations and you learn how to react from em. Overtime, this will help you overcome the unexpected and you even come across as exciting and unpredictable; those are good qualities. And if ever you plan on leading people successfully, this is a skill you must possess.

16 hours ago, Pallero said:

This is what I've been hearing ever since I was a child. That I'm too sensitive and I think too much.

As long as I remember I've been passionately interested in the world's mysteries, philosophy and psychology. I'm also sensitive to all kinds of things.

I have also suffered from depression, anxiety, fears et cetera. Whenever I try to get help, the response I often get is "you think too much" or "too deeply".

"Normal people don't think about these things. They just get up, go to work and don't question everything."

But I have always been this way. I can't stop thinking and wondering. And it makes me depressed about society and people.

I was just wondering, can anyone relate? How can I stop feeling so damn miserable and misunderstood all the time? Why does everyone treat me like I'm weird and abnormal?

I suggest taking the Myers Briggs personality test. 

Discover what's your type. From there, strengthen your strengths, improve your weaknesses.  

Lastly, meditate. Do you have a smartphone? If so, download the Calm app and use that to help lessen your constant thoughts. 

On 10 February 2016 at 5:08 PM, Pallero said:

@Saarah Thanks! I feel that often in order to find out some answers I hit dead ends over and over again. I can't tell productive from non-productive thinking. But how do you relate to people in general? Doesn't it bother you that they don't think about this stuff? It bothers me.

I think it just has to do with my personality. In general I'm just very private with anything I do for personal reasons, whether I'm making videos about something for fun or discovering and listening to music, it's all very personal to me and so I prefer to enjoy it myself without having to articulate my thoughts relating to things because everyone has their own interpretations and I don't want to get tangled in all that. 

I find thinking easier to do when I do it in my own head and not to accommodate others into that.

Personal development is so deep even for just this scratching of the surface I've been doing that sharing it seems tedious to me and not worth it especially at the risk of miscommunicating it. When I became an atheist there were so many different reasons and It was such a process, when I told my friends then I didn't even bother explaining to them why or how.

There are times where I do enjoy discussing deeper thoughts with people but it's really kept to a minimum and I'm satisfied with this forum. I'm still satisfied with the conversations I have with my friends though, although they're not about personal development, we doyens to relate on certain feelings we have about things and our interaction flows.

With my newer uni friends it's a bit more shallow and it's not as great, maybe once I get to know them even better, but for the situation I think those types of interactions fit well as I only really see them in lectures mostly. 

Seeing as there's such potential for growth in personal development yet, I am hopeful that the more I engage in it then the more I will increase my chances of having people in my life that align with this pursuit. As I see it, it's still early days and so at this stage I understand that I'm not going to be surrounded by people of this type in my daily life. 

But again I'm more introverted with my thinking habits so it probably bothers you more.

Talking about productive and non-productive thinking I guess during those times it's good to do meditation to quiet down your mind, this freshens you up again to steer away from the same thinking patterns so you can explore different avenues, in other words making your thinking more creative and so get out of any unproductive ruts. I personally cannot get into meditation I'm really rubbish and need more willpower and desire to start this, but I've read all the amazing benefits of it.

I talked about myself a bit too much here lol!