vedame

Shamanic Breathing Technique + Crying

4 posts in this topic

I tried the breathwork twice so far. The second one was shorter in time (15 mins) and much less intense than the first one (30 mins + 20 minutes ‘high’ with both desperate sobbing and euphoric laughing).

While breathing, I started to sob both occasions. Pain from my recent break-up was being released. Have you experienced something similar? 

Also, I didn’t see colours or visions. What are your experiences in this regard?

@vedame

Sounds like it’s clearing out, really working for you, awesome. There is a ‘practice’ that comes to mind which might fall perfectly in line following what you’ve mentioned. It’s a foundation of walking meditation, and after getting comfortable with that, while walking choose something off in the distance directly in front of you, a good ways away. Stare at that thing, and only stare at that thing. Don’t try to intensify seeing, allow it to be completely relaxed. Relax the crown, the forehead, the eye sockets, cheeks, jaw, etc, while ‘putting all of your attention’ to that thing in the distance. If you notice a thought arising and ‘getting’ some attention, acknowledge the noticing of it and shift all attention back to the seeing / focusing on the thing in the distance. I have a hunch that the third or fourth time you do this you’ll love the experience. I wouldn’t look for anything in or about perception to change btw, but allowing perception to be seen as it is, without the thin transparent overlay of thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@vedame

Sounds like it’s clearing out, really working for you, awesome. There is a ‘practice’ that comes to mind which might fall perfectly in line following what you’ve mentioned. It’s a foundation of walking meditation, and after getting comfortable with that, while walking choose something off in the distance directly in front of you, a good ways away. Stare at that thing, and only stare at that thing. Don’t try to intensify seeing, allow it to be completely relaxed. Relax the crown, the forehead, the eye sockets, cheeks, jaw, etc, while ‘putting all of your attention’ to that thing in the distance. If you notice a thought arising and ‘getting’ some attention, acknowledge the noticing of it and shift all attention back to the seeing / focusing on the thing in the distance. I have a hunch that the third or fourth time you do this you’ll love the experience. I wouldn’t look for anything in or about perception to change btw, but allowing perception to be seen as it is, without the thin transparent overlay of thought. 

Thank you so much, Nahm, I will certainly try the walking meditation :)

What a beautiful release.

I sometimes get visions, however I tend to like more the meditative state. Feels like resting & flowing as the eternal river.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.