Onecirrus

Most bizzare description of enlightenment

3 posts in this topic

I think I sorta get it but I'm really having trouble grasping this

“Chögyam Trungpa was once asked what Enlightenment felt like, and he said, “The sky turns into blue pancake and drops on our head."

Imagine sitting in a theater, watching a film. As you sit in your chair, your relation to the events on the screen is beyond motion and stillness—both motion and stillness are occurring in the film, but you are impartially Witnessing them; you are yourself neither of them. Then imagine the screen turning into that big blue pancake—in this case, a big kaleidoscopic rainbow-colored pancake—and falling on your shoulders where your head used to be. The entire world (of the film) is arising within you, on this side of your face, in the headless opening or clearing where your head once was. You yourself, your own Suchness, Thusness, or nondual headless oneness, are embracing both motion and stillness as parts of the world arising within you, but at the same time you are exclusively identified with neither; they are simply arising in your awareness, in your open Heart Space, staying a bit, and then passing on, as the next world scene arises within you and unfolds whatever it has to bring, eventually also passing on and making room for the next event.”

Excerpt From The Religion of Tomorrow, Ken Wilber

Can someone better clarify?

It's the description of an experience not necessarily  enlightenment.

I feel like the term "enlightenment" is thrown around vaguely. There is so many levels of awakening, so what really defines someone who is "enlightened"? 

I'm assuming you are trying to interpret this because you want to grasp what an awakening is?